Help, Guidance and Advice needed

I am hoping for some help. Only started driving on Monday! I understand driving hours and breaks, but what Im getting really confused and panicking about is Working Time Directive and this 6 hour rule.

Below are my last 3 days data, I hope somebody could take a look and give me some feedback and guidance on Working Time Directive, I have read the government guise but was more confused.

Monday.
Card in - 7.42
13.16 - 20 minute break
14.22 - 30 minute break
Card out - 18.39

Total driving for the day - 6 hrs 34 mins.

Tuesday
Card in - 6.49
11.54 - 48 minute break
Card out - 16.30

Total driving for the day - 4 hours 29 mins.

Wednesday ( Today)
Card in - 6.24
10.35 - 18 minute break
11.20 - 35 minute break
Card out - 19.15

Total driving time - 6 hours dead.

Any help, guidance and feed back will be greatly appreciate.

Can I have you job please?

Only problem I can see at first glance is today. 11.55 to 19.15. Was there any poa or break in this time or was it all other work?

happysack:
Only problem I can see at first glance is today. 11.55 to 19.15. Was there any poa or break in this time or was it all other work?

It was all other work. Which is what worries me. Being a newbie I don’t wanna start off getting infringements already.

I think in future you need to use a bit more break, even if you aren’t actually on break, just to keep the wtd in order. Or indeed take another break within the 6hr period. But after you have been jailed for this offence im sure you’ll remember next time.

happysack:
I think in future you need to use a bit more break, even if you aren’t actually on break, just to keep the wtd in order. Or indeed take another break within the 6hr period. But after you have been jailed for this offence im sure you’ll remember next time.

My only question is how much break is required?

30 minutes would have kept you away from the gallows

happysack:

I thought as much.
So let me see if this is right.
Example day.

Start at 6.30
45 min break at 12 noon
30 minute break at 3pm
Finish at 7.30

Spot on

The way i do it hasn’t steered me wrong yet.

After 3 hrs work I get a 15 min break on soon as. Then after about 7hr ill look for somewhere to get a 2nd 30 min break in. Normally that would see you through if not doing much driving.

danalex84:

happysack:

I thought as much.
So let me see if this is right.
Example day.

Start at 6.30
45 min break at 12 noon
30 minute break at 3pm
Finish at 7.30

You only need a 15 minute break for the six hour rule, so a break of 15 minutes at 15:00 instead of 30 minutes would be legal.

Have 30 minutes if you want though :smiley: