working time directive

Hi there,

I am newly into the industry. I know about the daily rest and max hours driving per day. However what about your max working hours per day?

I got told 15 hours a day but when I look up the gov site it says we cannot opt out. Or that was my reading of it.

Can anyone break it down for me simply?

Cheers

Working time is driving time added to other work time - it does not include breaks or poa
Working time does not refer to shift time
Shift time is regulated by the amount of daily rest needed in a 24 hour period from when the shift starts

There is no max working time per day

there is a max 60 hours working time per week

there is a max average working time of 48 hours per week over either a 17 or 26 week period

Thanks, at moment I’m doing say 65 hours a week.

Once done just over 53 but never any less. So could this be an issue if it continues?

Thanks again

mrhankey:
Thanks, at moment I’m doing say 65 hours a week.

Once done just over 53 but never any less. So could this be an issue if it continues?

Thanks again

Add up all your WORK & DRIVING ignore all POA REST & BREAKS what number do you come out with ?

Ah so only go by the hammers and driving. I’ll start taking a note in diary then. Thanks for that.

So I was told by someone that if I started at 6am I need to be parked up by 9pm as cannot do anymore that 15 hours a day but if it’s not all work and driving and a good few hours of poa/rest then is this still true?

Cheers

mrhankey:
Ah so only go by the hammers and driving. I’ll start taking a note in diary then. Thanks for that.

So I was told by someone that if I started at 6am I need to be parked up by 9pm as cannot do anymore that 15 hours a day but if it’s not all work and driving and a good few hours of poa/rest then is this still true?

Cheers

The rest requirements restrict what can be done in a 24 hour period from when a shift starts

As the absolute minimum is 9 hours off in 24 (if you have such available) then it leaves a max of 15 for the total shift