women drivers

Hi Paula welcome to the forums

There are quite a few women in the UK driving now

Your English is not bad

Could you do a dairy :question: & put it in the PDF as may be nice to see & like I said dont worry about your english there are a few on here who 1st languish is not english

Hi all. as my wife used to team with me driving to the middle east and europe i see no difference between the sexes driving[apart from women being prettier]up here where i live in lappland there are many women drivers,driving everything from 120ton artics and 50ton bucket loaders 1km underground where i work in a mine transporting iron ore to driving 50ton 4axle tippers[same as me]also underground.above ground you find them also driving everything from 4axle tippers tobucket loaders as well as normal artics.in my company we have a girl who drives a sand and gravel artic,and part time drives one of our snow plough rigids.
up here about 35percent of driving is done by women due to the general shortage of labour[and because it pays ok]the women get the same money and do the same work.more power to the girls. :grimacing:
take care.the long winter is here.mike

galaxy77:
hello people,
i have been looking at these forums and found them very interesting and helpful (glad i found this site).
i was jus wondering if this is still a male dominated industry? as i am a young woman taking a training course soon LGV2.
i know there are female drivers out there somewhere, but you dont get to see them very often.
have you got any advice for me.
thankyou.

Trucking will never be an industry with a lot of women.Why?Because women do not take on the tough jobs.Why get paid a poor wage for a stressful job when you can make as much or more sitting in a warm office .That makes women smart.When was the last time you saw a woman working on a road works crew digging a ditch.Try never.Or women putting a new roof on a house.Or even at the local Asda’s pushing the trolleys back inside.It’s always the guys outside in the rain and snow while the women are inside staying warm.As I said women don’t want these jobs,that makes them smarter.

Trucking will never be an industry with a lot of women.Why?Because women do not take on the tough jobs.Why get paid a poor wage for a stressful job when you can make as much or more sitting in a warm office .That makes women smart.When was the last time you saw a woman working on a road works crew digging a ditch.Try never.Or women putting a new roof on a house.Or even at the local Asda’s pushing the trolleys back inside.It’s always the guys outside in the rain and snow while the women are inside staying warm.As I said women don’t want these jobs,that makes them smarter.

That’s what you think !!! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

so would women have driven back in the days of no power steering, double declutching, sleeping over the seats because of no bunk?

Actually yes we did first truck I drove had a 5/4 with planetary aux, no power steering, and never really had to double clutch,just when I first start using a truck, once you know the truck you can shift without a clutch, that particular one shifted nice between 17 and 19 hundred no clutch at all. There is only one thing a man can do that we cant, but then there are a number of things we can do that men cant.