Windmill tv presenters and the 24 hour clock

Why do TV presenters/reporters/weather presenters wave their arms and hands around to gesture,and annoy the viewers.Cant they speak without sitting still,worse offenders are BBC breakfast TV.
And they dont use the 24 hour clock.A programme starting at 4.25,to me is 4.25 am,not 16.25 pm.And they say one is starting at 6.00,when it should be 18.00.Cant viewers count.If you lived abroad and just arrived you would not know what time the programme is on and miss it.Not the end of the world,it is sign i am getting old,and due a bus pass. :grimacing:

your lucky Toby, you want to try living in Sweden. I had to learn to tell the time all over again at the age of 51.
25mins past 12 in Swedish is 5mins to ½1, and 25 to 1 is 5 mins over half 1, so ½12 is half 1,with me so far ? 1/4 past and 1/4 to are the same. Confussed I am and I live here. :blush: The TV presenters/reporters/weather presenters cant sit still here either.

When doing coach work I am sometimes asked to take the bus out at 7.30. If they are walkers or golfers then fair enough ,but if its for a dance or a party no one tells me that they mean 19.30.Its gone wrong before.

Colin in Sweden:
your lucky Toby, you want to try living in Sweden. I had to learn to tell the time all over again at the age of 51.
25mins past 12 in Swedish is 5mins to ½1, and 25 to 1 is 5 mins over half 1, so ½12 is half 1,with me so far ? 1/4 past and 1/4 to are the same. Confussed I am and I live here. :blush: The TV presenters/reporters/weather presenters cant sit still here either.

It is still common speak in Yorkshire, five and twenty past luance or five and twenty a’foor drinkins :stuck_out_tongue:

Of course drinkins depends whether they mean morning drinkins or afternoon drinkins :wink:

And those patronising weather presenters that tell us to wear a hat/scarf/coat,and take an umbrella.I will look out the window to see that myself,and make my own mind up.You can feel what kind of day it may be,there is a smell in the air if it may rain,
What is all this baby talk of “It will be CHILLY.”,well we are in the northern hemisphere,dont they know it is WINTER,and the UK is not Miami beach.
And that silly phrase of a “Touch of frost”.And TV adverts that shout out we must POP down to the shops,what the hell does pop mean.
They all go to the same school to learn to gesticulate with the arms,one day my TV will be learning to fly out the window,or find a new home in the skip. :stuck_out_tongue: