Wim Vos

Does anyone know any of the English driver’s that worked for Wim Vos?

I used to see some of them regularly weekending at Carisio and had a beer or two with them,but for the life of me I can’t remember any names.

Don’t know any up to date ino on Wim Voss.
30 odd years ago when I was on M/E I applied for several jobs for firms doing it,including Wim Voss,they used to have a depot in Chester I believe.
By the time I got an offer from them I had a job I was happy with.

yes his name was eric johnson he lived in wisbech but now he moved down bristol way somewere i use to see him their a lot week end

KW:
Does anyone know any of the English driver’s that worked for Wim Vos?

I used to see some of them regularly weekending at Carisio and had a beer or two with them,but for the life of me I can’t remember any names.

Fred wilderspoon (fast Fred ) is now retired ,Alan yozzer Hugh’s again retired ,peter Jones (the kraut) recently released form her Majesty’s pleasure last spotted working for abbey road tanks there was a lad who worked out of Southampton name of john don’t know what he is doing now

Wim Vos became Nedlloyd. A couple of drivers went over to Bertschi in Durrenasch, Joe, and Graham from Immingham,

Robbies dad keeps another one in pocket money to buy ■■■■ magazines. :smiley:

Posh John died and Alan Ashcroft is still on Simon / Lewis.

any photos of these trucks?. if i remember they had f86 and f7’s didnt they?

wirralpete:
any photos of these trucks?. if i remember they had f86 and f7’s didnt they?

(click to enlarge)

This must have been sold on Pete, but these were the norm in Holland. A lot of subbies in the UK used F7 for the weights.

I asked elsewhere if anyone had any pictures of Graham Gardners Mercedes, he ran some in Orange and the rest were in Wim Vos livery.

the flying foden:
peter Jones (the kraut) recently released form her Majesty’s pleasure last spotted working for abbey road tanks

I saw Peter in Middlewich when I was at Demeulemeester. He wanted to get back on European but thought he may not be very welcome :laughing: :laughing:

I like Peter, but I also got on well with Eric from brits :open_mouth:

ta for that wheel nut. would like to make a model one day, possibly with a lift tank on the back…pete

l
Was that the Eric as in Eric and Linda(from Littleborough?).Many late mornings in Seneffe wash trying to wake them up after a night in Josephs.Before his “holiday”!!!

welshphil:
l
Was that the Eric as in Eric and Linda(from Littleborough?).Many late mornings in Seneffe wash trying to wake them up after a night in Josephs.Before his “holiday”!!!

Thats them. Linda was always good fun. I nearly bought a trike from her brother, but they disappeared :open_mouth: on that particular trip.

Wheel Nut:

the flying foden:
peter Jones (the kraut) recently released form her Majesty’s pleasure last spotted working for abbey road tanks

I saw Peter in Middlewich when I was at Demeulemeester. He wanted to get back on European but thought he may not be very welcome :laughing: :laughing:

I like Peter, but I also got on well with Eric from brits :open_mouth:

can’t understand why the customs wouldn’t welcome himback with open arms :laughing: :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

welshphil:
l

Thats them. Linda was always good fun. I nearly bought a trike from her brother, but they disappeared :open_mouth: on that particular trip.

good old legs up linda and eric always a brandy glass on offer day or night no problem :laughing:
does any body know if johny warburton is out yet

Cheers for the info,one or two names ring a bell,but it was in the early 90’s that I remember them.

Here’s a pic I found