Vos

Have I missed something because I couldn’t tell you the last time I saw a Vos motor.

Steve-o:
Have I missed something because I couldn’t tell you the last time I saw a Vos motor.

Still see them this side of the water, don’t think it’s any less than normal. Maybe they don’t do the UK as much .

My old firm Vossy (see avatar pic) both UK and Blankenburg briefly Man depot.
No Brits left, very few Dutch (last time I spoke to my Dutch mate) all, or at least, mostly EE.
Not sure if they still have the depot at Zeeby with Belgian drivers or not.
Still see them over here though.
Miss them like tootache. :laughing:

Were you on artics or drawbars Rob ?
And have a look at this link, I didn’t realise that they have been going for so long :open_mouth:

voslogistics.com/about-us/profile/history

Edit: love to know what that ferry is in the background and where it is in the last pic !

pierrot 14:
Were you on artics or drawbars Rob ?
And have a look at this link, I didn’t realise that they have been going for so long :open_mouth:

voslogistics.com/about-us/profile/history

Edit: love to know what that ferry is in the background and where it is in the last pic !

Drawbars? :open_mouth: :imp: …nah, always been an artic man mate. :smiley:
A mate of mine was on the drawbars when it was Harry Vos ltd, Scanias with roof pods…not for me that. When they used to get the Brits back in the UK, for some reason they’d load the Southern lads North, and the North lads South, so he soon got sick of them.

I think the guy who started Wim Vos with the tankers was a brother or something I remember hearing…not sure if they are still going, never see them over here and I no longer do European.

Dunno if Harry and Wim are related, and Im sure the Dutch members will correct me if Im wrong, but Vos is quite a common name. Translates as Fox, and one of the Vos companies had a running Fox on it`s livery.

Franglais:
Dunno if Harry and Wim are related, and Im sure the Dutch members will correct me if Im wrong, but Vos is quite a common name. Translates as Fox, and one of the Vos companies had a running Fox on it`s livery.

Think they were cousins Franglais, definitely related . I’m sure when I did runs to Scandinavia going through Holland and Germany, there was a 3rd Vos company .

pierrot 14:

Franglais:

Think they were cousins Franglais, definitely related . I’m sure when I did runs to Scandinavia going through Holland and Germany, there was a 3rd Vos company .

I’ve noticed a ‘Vos’ co over here a few times, deep red Scanias…not the same red as the other Vos we’re on about.

robroy:

pierrot 14:

Franglais:

I’ve noticed a ‘Vos’ co over here a few times, deep red Scanias…not the same red as the other Vos we’re on about.[/quote iirc., the red ones are Vos International from Deventer NL

dm61:

robroy:

pierrot 14:

Franglais:

I’ve noticed a ‘Vos’ co over here a few times, deep red Scanias…not the same red as the other Vos we’re on about.
[/quote iirc., the red ones are Vos International from Deventer NL

vostransport.nl/wegtranspor … enpark-01/

Franglais:

robroy:

pierrot 14:

Franglais:

vostransport.nl/wegtranspor … enpark-01/
[/quote]
Well done mate, that’s the 3rd one I was on about, they’re still running then . Wonder if there’s any relation to the other two?

Today at Dartford

Robroy.Vos logistics still have a depot in Pittem Belgium.