Wide Loads A14 Thursday, Guess whos holding em up

Yep me I’m afraid.

Anyway to explain I merged onto the A14 from A11 and noticed two extremely wide loads join behind me. Now these where so wide that after the 3 lane section before Risby cars couldn’t even get through and tootling along at 49mph on CC I noticed them catching up at a fair rate of knots so there was just little old me on me own with 2 wide loads behind and nothing in front but a clear road and little old me.

A few miles went by till they where on me chuff and holding at a safe distance so noticing all the traffic stuck behind them I put the pedal to the metal and cracked on at full warp (52mph), illegal I know but I’m a tad maverick at times.

So this train that I was leading continued all the way to Orwell truckstop with only the odd respite when I could let her go on a downhill section to the crazy speeds of 58mph (I mentioned my maverick nature earlier).

So should I have pulled over and let the wide loads through who where slightly faster than me or what i actually did which was hold station as I was just above the speed limit and cracking on nicely enjoying the clear air.

that would have made an excellent Hamlet ad, I congratulate you sir. :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=NIckHmwZAeI&sns=em

:slight_smile:
I did wonder how many other drivers where thinking how great it was to be at such a relaxed pace, just me and the open road ahead and nothing but frustration in me mirrors.

Oh dear…openly admitting to sitting at 49 and in a truck only capable of 52? Just you wait till the Speed Freaks get wind of this…they’ll be telling you things like ‘if you can’t drive to the conditions of the road’ blah blah, you shouldn’t be driving blah blah! :smiley: Put the boot on the other foot…wide loads sat at at 49, you truck capable of hitting the dizzy heights of 56 and you’re being held up…chances of them pulling over to allow you to get on and reach that booking time with seconds to spare? Norfolk Enchance!! :laughing:

Stuff em, 50’s the speed limit, that’s what the government want us to do (not me) & the Rozzers are hot down that way, looking for anything travelling at the Crazy Speed of 50.005 mph (hanging offence [emoji12])

I like travelling at the Dizzying speed of 40 mph (speed limit set by the same government) very rarely have anything in front of me (but loads behind, lol) except when I catch up with a ‘Looking after my Safety’ Tesco wagon.

Make the most of it- only 2 weeks to go until they ‘Unleash Hell’ & all the HGV’s get to do 50 & 56 on all the major trunk roads. (I don’t know how I’m going to cope !!!)

52 MPH!!!
This is lunacy you just don’t care do you, you’re a loose cannon :smiley: :wink:

Wish I’d videod it, could’ve put it on YouTube with an appropriate title :laughing:

But nah, 50 is the limit, I’d have stayed there.

I too am anxious about the speed limit being upped to 50mph on single carriageway. Unfortunately I think the minority of idiots will spoil it for everyone else.

Some roads I can see 50mph as being perfectly reasonable. Some, I’d rather stick to 40kph at a push.

Hammy747:
Wish I’d videod it, could’ve put it on YouTube with an appropriate title :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I like your style man!

hope you had tissues for the nose bleed :open_mouth: I mean reaching the dizzying speeds if 52 :grimacing: .
as you said you knocked on just a tad no problem there fella just don’t make a habit of it :wink:
as for the other traffic it wernt you holding them up it was the other loads its behind you as they say in panto :laughing:
crack on sir crack on

Just think of the copper a few miles up the road with a speed gun thinking why the hell is nothing passing, he would be a tad paranoid :laughing:

would someone please think of the children and climate. 52mph!!! surely you were braking the sound barrier doing that

The-Snowman:

Hammy747:

I like your style man!

Crazy trucker speeding down A14 at speed of sound!

Hammy747:

The-Snowman:

Hammy747:

I like your style man!

Crazy trucker speeding down A14 at speed of sound!

the next time your going to do something as reckless as that,could you possibly gives a weeks notice on here,so that all the dashcam fannys can park somewhere handy and have you on u tube within seconds after the event.(assuming your truck dont self destruct in the process)…it should be about as interesting as the previous examples on this thing.there should be a rule that if your footage is not good enough for the utube road rage russia stuff,then its not good enough to be posted here…dashboard warriors are total anoraks on here.

Without footage from your dash Cam this didn’t happen. :smiley:

Coffeeholic:
Without footage from your dash Cam this didn’t happen. :smiley:

I did consider videoing this on my mobile phone from front window to mirror showing the shenanigans that was happening behind but cameramen dont get the best treatment on here, so ive heard…

Bad enough admitting to speeding.

Oh and there was a 40mph section for barrier repairs and I was 40mph through the first sign to the last just in case of a speed trap, funnily enough I bet everyone else was too.