Why does no driving school offer back to back courses?

It’s 10 years since you had to pass 2 tests to drive C+E.

But during that time I haven’t ever seen anyone offer a course where you could take a fortnight’s holiday to take the both tests in one fell swoop.

I would have thought that some company would have tried to get one up on the competition by offering special rates for such a course.

Why has nobody thought of this :bulb: :question:

Probably because no-one can guarantee a pass for the first test (C) so it is impossible to book the C&E test in advance. Also because you have to have your C pass on your license before you can take your C&E test. DVLA can take a while to update and return your license.

Can you guarantee a first time pass on C?
Will you have CE provisional on license to start training for the second?
You can get a price for both courses and have an option to include some retests.

ROG:
Can you guarantee a first time pass on C?
Will you have CE provisional on license to start training for the second?
You can get a price for both courses and have an option to include some retests.

Can’t of course guarantee a pass on C of course (at the end of the day it’s in my hands and in the examiner’s opinion…) but as I consider myself to be an able driver would like to think that I won’t “■■■■ it up”. As I’ve never towed, C+E will probably cause me many more sleepless nights. Especially the reversing - nervous already! :wink:

Can produce test pass certificate and passport if ID fraud is the concern. As you now need to pass C to go for C+E, and the examiners themselves write these out, surely they would be aware of this?

Have already got some quotes - was wondering why companies didn’t offer a package like this as an incentive to pass C 1st time as well as one upping the competition.

OK, lets assume that you book a back to back C & CE course. Each one for one week with a test at the end of each course.
The training company books you on their C lorry for 1 week and then the lorry is booked to another trainee for the following week. You take and fail your C test - what then? You cannot continue on C as they do not have a lorry for you and you cannot do CE. Would you be happy with that? or do you expect the training company to keep their books empty in case you fail?
The logistics of what you propose do not work, business wise. Nice idea though :slight_smile:

Have you acually asked any companies for the 2 courses?
I have seen these courses advertised as a block booking with BIG discounts BUT if you fail the C test the time limit runs out.

Just Ask :stuck_out_tongue:

I think its to do with the fact that you can’t take a C+E test without that provisional category on your licence and you don’t get that provisional category until you have sent off your class ‘C’ pass certificate.

I’m sure the companies would do it but it’s more than likely down to DVLA / DSA rules.

Ian.

The main problem with back to back courses is availability of tests, and time taken for the DVLA to send back your licence.
For example:- you take your cat c course over one week and pass with flying colours.
You then have to send in your licence and pass slip (or the examiner does it for you) then sit and wait for the postman to plop your full cat c licence (along with C&E provisional entitlement) back through the letterbox before you can start your C&E training.
If there is a postal strike, or if the DVLA is working to rule (?) or if it is lost in the post…
It all depends on the above and it usually takes around a week to ten days to get the licence back so you have to have this period before you can go for the next course.
Yes, I wish we could book up back to back courses too - but we can’t.