Long time lurker, first post

Hi everyone,

A long time lurker making my first post.

So, my current job is at risk of redundancy, chances are I will ask for voluntary redundancy as I can stand the place after so long there!

I am interested in joining the world of truckers. Would it be advisable to take C and C+E licenses together and get it done or just do C first then build up to C+E?

I realise it’s all down to personal preference but just interested in people’s views who are already in the business of the best way to go about it.

Cheers

If you can afford to do them both and be prepared to keep CE on ice for a while then do that

See how you get on with C, if you get a good pass and feel you have a good training school/instructor then why not do it while you’ve still used to driving under exam conditions.
If you struggle with C, then maybe build yourself up to C+E.
Pass C and see how you feel. I think it’s one of those things where if YOU want to, then you should.

I certainly don’t regret doing my C+E even though I’m not currently using it and haven’t used it that much in the 10 months since I’ve had it. The more categories, the more potential jobs… possibly quite important in times ahead (who knows?)

Good advice above. Just to add that, regardless of what advertising you may encounter, there is no such thing as “back to back C then CE”. It is physically impossible. You gain provisional CE once your shiny new C licence has been issued and not before. Allow anything up to 4 weeks to get your C licence having passed the C test. Then, and only then, can you start your CE training. Claims that contradict this are false.

Let me know if I can help in any way, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I passed my c+e on the Thursday and my new licence landed on the doormat on the Saturday morning.
I was staggered.
Possible to do both close together if the school can fit your training in and get you a slot for test. I suspect the test date will be the hardest bit in the current climate…

I suspect the test date will be the hardest bit in the current climate…

We’re getting 95% of our normal allocation - so no problems.

Pete :laughing: :laughing: