Why bs a tipper ffs?

I thought I’d bump this thread after hearing a tipper driver on the cb earlier bragging about what he’s ordered for his new wagon; Said firm contract lease their vehicles so wtf would you buy crap for when your employer doesnt even own it?

Sent from IPhone whilst on a break on the ridgeway with a load of topsoil on.

Muckaway:
I thought I’d bump this thread after hearing a tipper driver on the cb earlier bragging about what he’s ordered for his new wagon; Said firm contract lease their vehicles so wtf would you buy crap for when your employer doesnt even own it?

Sent from IPhone whilst on a break on the ridgeway with a load of topsoil on.

sorry i aint got a picture i but i remember about 6years ago when i worked for keltruck we had a brand new R-series scania 8 wheeler in for PDI running the high clearance construction chassis with a day version of the R-Cab all blinged up. it reall was an odd combo what was more suprising was the enge choice he went for…620 V8 :open_mouth:

Doing my bit for the environment and recycling this thread to say I washed my lorry for the first time this year today; I’ve still not had the urge to buy some bullfighter arrows or a “Haulin ■■■” chrome grille plate though…

Muckaway:
Doing my bit for the environment and recycling this thread to say I washed my lorry for the first time this year today; I’ve still not had the urge to buy some bullfighter arrows or a “Haulin ■■■” chrome grille plate though….

pah some trucker you’re turning out to be , i’ve got to the ‘plenty of beer towels’ stage so far, chrome mustangs & frilly windscreen valence are next

Plant delivery trucks are also filthy. That Iveco I was driving was really muddy inside the cab, there was just nothing you could do. Bit of rain on a building site and thats it…Those Brit European trucks delivering new JCBs are always nice and clean of course, but they don’t go anywhere near mud.

I like the frilly curtain and pellet for the sleeper area.
Reminds me of a crematorium :smiley:

BanburyDan:
Plant delivery trucks are also filthy. That Iveco I was driving was really muddy inside the cab, there was just nothing you could do. Bit of rain on a building site and thats it…Those Brit European trucks delivering new JCBs are always nice and clean of course, but they don’t go anywhere near mud.

In typical Foden Alpha fashion, my cab doors were dirty again after a few miles, and by the end of today, it looked like it hadn’t been washed yesterday :unamused:

Muckaway:

BanburyDan:

In typical Foden Alpha fashion, my cab doors were dirty again after a few miles, and by the end of today, it looked like it hadn’t been washed yesterday :unamused:

See I could have been born a piggie and been just as happy, love playing in the mud. Got some feedback on that GAP job and they were well impressed apparently, a lot of drivers they have had have not got on there for some reason, I think you either can deal with the mud or you can’t. I’m into off-roading and such so its kind of in my blood. That said, I wouldn’t deliberately have a mucky vehicle, even my Landrovers are kept clean(ish).

Just had a thought Dan; Try banbury Plant for a start; They’re based on the Sibford Ferris Road at Hook Norton, behind the Gate Hangs High pub.

Muckaway:
Just had a thought Dan; Try banbury Plant for a start; They’re based on the Sibford Ferris Road at Hook Norton, behind the Gate Hangs High pub.

Way ahead of you. I wrote to them some weeks ago, said they didn’t have anything at the moment but would keep me on file. I’ll ask again in a couple of weeks. I have also written to Sheehans, Jewsons, “your lot” and a few others… :wink:

Could be worse, there’s a guy near here that has these stickers on his car windows pmsl :laughing: :laughing:

We’ve got a new driver, young lad who’s a bit keen; Been driving an 06 reg Foden Alpha since Friday and in that short time, frilly curtains tied halfway across the side windows have appeared plus a Union Jack flag and a Saturday spent in the yard polishing, unpaid. Ten out of ten for enthusiasm, but I’d rather to be paid to clean thankyou.

Sam Millar:
Could be worse, there’s a guy near here that has these stickers on his car windows pmsl :laughing: :laughing:

Especially bad if it’s a Renault!

I drive a 55 plate merc and when i got it 8 months ago it took 4 hours to get it something like decent.I dont do nights out as a rule,1 since i have been there! To me there is nothing wrong with cleaning your truck its part of the job but i wouldnt want to sit in a ■■■■ tip neither.There are some drivers who do go overboard but thats upto them.It there to earn money but if its kept clean you also have less chance of being pulled!I work for a farmer so washing off once a week is all they want you to do.

Yeah good luck to anyone who wants to bling up, or keep their workhorse clean. If you remember the tippers of years ago, they were always being hunted by Vosa, so its nice to see the industry has changed. I worked for various tipper companies but one who had a very tidy fleet was Andrews. Danny was a guy who took pride in his fleet, and ran M.A.N.`s, royal blue with gold writing, they had to be washed every week, and if it was quiet, the interiors were stripped out, seats steam cleaned, etc, etc, and he would supply all the cleaning materials, plus he paid a guaranteed take home of £400, for 4.5 days, that was 20 years ago, and a great firm to work for.

Was that AJ Andrews?

My dad used to drive for Robinson Brothers from Pocklington in Yorkshire they were a tipper company so it was in the blood.

BanburyDan:

They did if they loaded out of the truck park at Utoxeter, mud when wet and dusty when dry.

Just responded to another thread and I thought I’d ask this. I can’t understand buying shiny junk for any truck you don’t own yourself, but why do it on a truck like a tipper/mixer/skip wagon given the environment they work in? I work with drivers who drive lorries without air con (mine doesn’t either), yet they will sit in their sweltering cabs rather than risk a bit of dust coming in through the windows! Others will ask workshop/transport office not to put any driver on their lorry when they’re off and I used to work with one who’d come down to the yard each day of his holiday to check his lorry was parked up :unamused: I admit I’d complain if I came back to find damage unreported/not repaired but some colleagues have a fit if their truck isn’t valeted inside and out. IT’S A TIPPER FFS IT’S MEANT TO GET DIRTY AND NOT SIT AT TRUCKFEST

i think id like a go at tippers muckaway,i quite like the idea of being home every night.whats it like,can you make a decent wage off it etc?

i also agree with what you said,a gleeming tipper looks silly to me :blush: