Anyone have Class 2 Skip Wagon experience?

Looking for a change and wondered what this is like?

Pay seems to be slightly better than tippers and later start times would be great

Cheers

Pretty straight forward work, take a load of empty skips and deliver to wherever they need to go then pick up a full one from somewhere else. I worked for a small family business and just tipped full skip into yard and people would sort and move what I just tipped but sometimes helped with that in quiet times so be prepared to get down and dirty at times. Some rough places people want a skip dropped, down a narrow alley, around a tight 90 degree corner etc but beware stupid people!!! You drop a skip and people move said skip to another place, fill it and expect you to do something when you cant get to it to pick it up or they will ask for it to be dropped somewhere then build a wall or something around it then will need a crane to retrieve it. Other than that. It’s not a bad job, dusty and dirty truck and muddy sites etc but since you done tipper work, the conditions ain’t much different

Ok cheers mate

I had some fun with skips. You drop an empty then the landscape gardener moves it with a small bull dozer he then fills it and there is no way that the lorry can reach it. I often found things to sell on the skips like kids bikes that had been hardly used. Go for it, if you don’t mind getting dirty.

Not true skips but roros. Worst job I’ve ever done. Dirty, dusty, ancient truck and a boss who expected me to help hand sort waste. Oh and he was a cantankerous twit who liked to remind you "it was a good job with good money. "

Not true skips but roros. Worst job I’ve ever done. Dirty, dusty, ancient truck and a boss who expected me to help hand sort waste. Oh and he was a cantankerous twit who liked to remind you "it was a good job with good money. "

Yeah don’t mind getting dirty within reason lol
Cheers mate