WHOLESALE MARKETS

HAS ANYONE ANY ADVICE HINTS TIPS ON DELIVERING TO THESE, IM STARTING A NEW JOB NEVER DONE THESE BEFORE THANKYOU… :confused:

The main thing, from what I remember running to Bristol and Covent Garden, is to find out which merchant you’ll be dealing with, without that info you’ll be knackered (to put it mildly). If you can’t spot a sign for the merchant just ask around as there’s normally someone who knows where everyone is located. The last time I did Covent Garden was back in '91 but from what I recall a couple of quid came in handy to get the forklift driver’s attention if you want to get on your way quicker. Oh and another obvious yet essential point for Covent Garden/Nine Elms or any of the London markets is to follow the LBTS route if you’re within the restricted hours. Lastly, a familiarity with a pump truck will be a benefit.

All basic commonsense stuff, but hope that helps a bit?

Craig

Hi m8,

Long time since i had the misfortune to do the markets, but from what my frail old memory can remeember …

If you got one or two hits - just park the truck ouside the pitch & ask forkie nicely :smiley: maybe a bribe of a cuppa or a quid might help :open_mouth:

But … if you have many hits in the same market (i used to get maybe 6 - 10) just find a pitch with a surplus of trucks & “rent” one for an hour. Wizz all the goods round yourself -job done :stuck_out_tongue: I am assuming this still goes on, who knows with todays H&S regs, it might even be a thing of the past. Also, thi9s idea only really works for the “night” men, during the day (3am onwards) it will be a free for all & he who shouts loudest gets serviced first :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: