Who seen that? Some interesting sights

Two nights ago, in the early morning hours, I saw the truck on M40 going south. The trailer was a bit tilted. This was because it has only 5 wheels… The rear right wheel was gone…

He was LHD and as much as I can tell from the number plates, there were short ■■■ ■■■, so Hungary, Baltic states or Scadinavia…

Also yesterday about midnight I saw a scandinavian style long lorry going A75 from Dumfries towards M74/M6. It has orange beacons, but no ■■■■■■. I thought that it might be a circus or something, but it was quite new Volvo FH… Did not seen any more, as was going opposite way.

Also last week on M6 I saw a huge mobile crane on the plates from Slovakia. The ones usually go with ■■■■■■ vehicle, and trucks carrying it’s wages, but this wan was crusing alone.

I wonder how long it took him to drive to M6 from Slovakia :wink:

And as for things above the heads, I saw this huge Airbus landing above my head on Heathrow :wink:

orys:
)

And as for things above the heads, I saw this huge Airbus landing above my head on Heathrow :wink:

All the years i used to work around Colnbrook i never saw an A380 come in to land :frowning:

nickyboy:

orys:
)

All the years i used to work around Colnbrook i never saw an A380 come in to land :frowning:

I did - I was fuelling up at Hatton Cross too, so cant say it was that much above my head :sunglasses:

Also last week on M6 I saw a huge mobile crane on the plates from Slovakia. The ones usually go with ■■■■■■ vehicle, [/b]]and trucks carrying it’s wages[/b], but this wan was crusing alone.

That’s the kind of wages we are looking for, sounds like a well paid job :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

caledoniandream:

Also last week on M6 I saw a huge mobile crane on the plates from Slovakia. The ones usually go with ■■■■■■ vehicle, and trucks carrying it’s wages, but this wan was crusing alone.

That’s the kind of wages we are looking for, sounds like a well paid job :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well, seems that you should look for a crane license :slight_smile:

I guess I should write “weights”? :slight_smile:

orys:

caledoniandream:

Well, seems that you should look for a crane license :slight_smile:

I guess I should write “weights”? :slight_smile:

■■■■ happen, but I think it was dead funny with everybody moaning that East Europeans don’t make any money. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
Weights could be the right word, but I guesed that already. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Well last night at about 2200 as I was heading round the M25 towards the M23 sneaking along the opposite way was a 15.9 tautliner that was now about 13ft :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :blush: :blush: Green DAF spacecab pulling it think it said ‘Edwards’ on the door.

Regards
Dave Penn;

caledoniandream:
[zb] happen, but I think it was dead funny with everybody moaning that East Europeans don’t make any money. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually that just prove them right. All the British cranes of this size are followed by the trucks with wages :smiley: and this poor Slovak chap was running only by himself :slight_smile:

Funniest thing I saw was a couple of years ago a tractor and silege trailer pulled in by the police on the motorway hard shoulder at 0630… about 200 yards before it turned to dual carrageway :laughing: almost made it

Saw a strange one on the A38 Wednesday morning, looked like one of those Mitsubishi Canter? 7.5 tonners, converted to a tractor unit with a 40foot twin axle on the back of it :open_mouth: Said “Something or Other Health Blah Blah”

orys:
Two nights ago, in the early morning hours, I saw the truck on M40 going south. The trailer was a bit tilted. This was because it has only 5 wheels… The rear right wheel was gone…

He was LHD and as much as I can tell from the number plates, there were short ■■■ ■■■, so Hungary, Baltic states or Scadinavia…
:wink:

proberbly either had a air bag go or brake was busted or simlar…chained a few up in my time just to get the trailer off the road…have seen them do simlar abroad somewhere(could have been iran or eygypt)

nickyboy:

orys:
)

For over 20 years I have tried to get the perfect picture of a Jumbo landing at Charles De Gaulle just as I am reaching the runway, it is either too dark, too foggy, too busy or simply in the wrong position. I wanted a picture of Concorde too yet the only one I ever saw close up crashed :open_mouth:

orys:

That a wee bit of Glaswegian rubbing off on you there, Orys?

Wheel Nut:

nickyboy:

orys:
)

For over 20 years I have tried to get the perfect picture of a Jumbo landing at Charles De Gaulle just as I am reaching the runway, it is either too dark, too foggy, too busy or simply in the wrong position. I wanted a picture of Concorde too yet the only one I ever saw close up crashed :open_mouth:

Let someone else do the hard work! :wink: HERE

jayeastanglia:

orys:

:wink:

proberbly either had a air bag go or brake was busted or simlar…chained a few up in my time just to get the trailer off the road…have seen them do simlar abroad somewhere(could have been iran or eygypt)

When I first came to Scotland, I did it by hithchiking, and I helped Polish truckers to change it on the shoulder on the Belgian motorway, just outside Gent.

They managed to do it properly though, so no need to wheel removal…

I saw this in Lymm not so long ago. Not so much interesting as shocking - at what stage did the driver notice?

Lymm1 29.1.09.jpg

Coming out out of Doncaster yesterday I was overtaken by a hearse, it was a motorbike and sidecar!! reg no T333REV.Wish I’d been able to get a picture.

A Fiat 126 on the M20 London bound. On Polski plates!

44 Tonne Ton:
A Fiat 126 on the M20 London bound. On Polski plates!

There was one in Edinburgh some time ago. And few moths ago I saw one going north on Tebay, and this was about 20 years old…

Both on Polish plates, off course…

There are still some brave people out there… :wink:

Driving through salisbury the otherday and i saw a daf 18tnne curtainsider who mustve hit a bridge…badly! Cus the frame was severly twisted and pushed back. :open_mouth: :blush: The bloke driving it looked like he didnt even know that he had a sleight problem!!! :open_mouth: :unamused:

couldnt read the name on the side.