Which Truck

Looking to change our ageing Volvo FL10. Looking at the following unit and you thoughts on each would be great.

Volvo FM12 6x2
Daf CF85 6x2
MAN TGX 6x2

Thanks in advance

FM12 with i-shift.

Man tgx’s are nice in top spec, but ■■■■ in all others.

Daf, really? come on…

Out of interest, how old’s the FL10? I wouldn’t touch a CF unless you want a bad back or to be blinded by the sun shining under the visors.

If it’s a brand new MAN no doubt it will be worth less than half when you bought it for considering the depreciation on them are rather bad so I’ve heard :smiley: :smiley:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

If they’re still running an FL10, I think they’ll get their money’s worth before they sell anything

waynedl:
If they’re still running an FL10, I think they’ll get their money’s worth before they sell anything

Does it tow the dodgems or the Waltzer?

Those FL10’s were a lovely drive when new. I collected & delivered many a one from the Irvine factory.

The FL10 is a 1995 model. We do bulk haulage so looking for a light tractor unit. Quite a few are using DAF’s for this. MAN are doing minimum part exchanged deals at the moment.

fm12 with or without i shift will do it just fine for you + if yous still run a fl10 then might aswell stay with volvo

Theres quite a few daf cf rigids where i work and think there very nice, comfortable, quiet, smooth, personally i cant fault them very nice and pleasantly surprised as i thought they were a ■■■■■■■■■■■■■.

Saaamon:
Theres quite a few daf cf rigids where i work and think there very nice, comfortable, quiet, smooth, personally i cant fault them very nice and pleasantly surprised as i thought they were a piece of [zb].

Thats all very well but yer man is after a tractor unit.
Roll another fat one !! :sunglasses:

Don’t buy a man bits fall of them when the wind blows!

Suedehead:

Saaamon:
Theres quite a few daf cf rigids where i work and think there very nice, comfortable, quiet, smooth, personally i cant fault them very nice and pleasantly surprised as i thought they were a piece of [zb].

Now your just being picky lol.

FM12 with I-shift, we kept ours up to 1,300,000km without major problems and they were abused double shifted fleet motors.

i’d have an fm12. by far the best of your selection.

Suedehead:

Saaamon:

Saaamon should work for us; it’s frowned upon to criticize Nafs :laughing: