Where would I stand?

hello all hows things■■?

Well today I had a sausage & mash (crash) 3rd party hit me. I done the good thing checked the 3rd party & witness was physically fine, checked that no danger to any other road user. Then exchanged details, All good no problems.

So alls good then 3rd party says I want to call the police. 3rd party calls the PO PO they say not their interest as no ones injured.

the question I’m getting to is. If I left the scene AFTER giving the 3rd party details would I get chopped up and scattered all over the country for leaving the scene■■?

sounds like 3 rd party know what there doing :wink: [compo claim comming], lot easier if cops have been present to claim it.
told girlfreind in the event of a bang , stay in car, get cops called, to hospital, nice little cheque winging its way to you.[silly cows far to honest,gets out and claims shes fine :unamused: :unamused: ]

3rd party admitted all their fault. even told police that there was no injuries and got a reference number of the incident before getting out & looking at their car. so poss of a claim is slim.

Ive spoke to a few drivers who have 20+ years wagon driving & they don’t know if I could of left the scene AFTER exchange of info. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

chris mc:
the question I’m getting to is. If I left the scene AFTER giving the 3rd party details would I get chopped up and scattered all over the country for leaving the scene■■?

Don’t take my word for this but as far as I’m aware given that no-one was hurt I believe you are free to leave the scene of an accident after exchanging details.
What else is there to do, the police aren’t interested if no-ones hurt (can’t blame them for that) so what good would hanging around do :confused:

To be honest though unless there are reliable witnesses you need to judge the possible consequences of leaving the scene, we live in an age of litigation and some people will take whatever opportunity presents itself to make things look worse than it really is and blame the other person for whatever they can.

As you can see from the above post in fact :laughing:

As far as I’m aware you had a no injury accident, you’ve exchanged details job done as far as the law are concerned.
Do you have a written admission of blame from the other driver, if not expect them to change thier mind when they get home.
And also get your boss to expect a letter from a solicitor acting for the other driver claiming for injuries, even if they have admited blame.

Do yourself a favour, write out a statement detailing exactly what happened and who said what to who as best as you can recall. Detail how many passengers in which vehicle and try and describe the driver as best as possible (age, height, build & race etc.) It’s funny how two people in a car can suddenly make 5 personal injury claims.

Some insurance companies send out an investigator to take such a statement but a week or so later and the details are becoming sketchy. Write it down in ridiculous detail, that’s all you can if no photos. Photographing the driver would be worth doing if you can manage it at the scene.

I get suspicious of all sorts of things having had a couple of chancy claims made against me, the other day I was in heavy traffic on the A13 and there was a blonde in a Ka checking me and the vehicle out, after a little while I figured she was more interested in the name on the door and the number on the front rather than the bloke behind the wheel. Assuming she didn’t have a piling rig or WWII tank needing transporting I decided that it was the setup for some accident or claim, I noted her reg just in case…

…but it was the bosses daughter. :smiley:

ady1:
sounds like 3 rd party know what there doing :wink: [compo claim comming], lot easier if cops have been present to claim it.
told girlfreind in the event of a bang , stay in car, get cops called, to hospital, nice little cheque winging its way to you.[silly cows far to honest,gets out and claims shes fine :unamused: :unamused: ]

■■■■ you !! Thanks to people like you that the country is down on it’s knees.Suspect you moan every year when your insurance premiums go up ? Glad to be rid of your kind .

The downside of getting an “independent” witness is that they could be an accomplice and say that it was your fault. Since having a situation where my witness told the insurance company that it was my fault I have never bothered with witnesses and never had any problems proving my innocence.

As has been said we live in a world of scammers and you are better off loooking after your own backside.

Since being off work I bet I have had 15 calls asking if I or any of my family have been involved in a RTA, the next thing is the speil about them claiming money back for you.

I even had a “visitor” in hospital during my stay after a hip operation asking if my injuries were caused by anyone else. As it was hereditary I feel trying to sue my own deceased parents would be a waste of their time.

Scumbags the lot of them,

Wheel Nut:
I even had a “visitor” in hospital during my stay after a hip operation asking if my injuries were caused by anyone else. As it was hereditary I feel trying to sue my own deceased parents would be a waste of their time.

I had this when I was in hospital with Glandular Fever. I told him if he wanted to try track down whoever’s dirty air I breathed in to get it then he was more than welcome.

Wheel Nut:
Since being off work I bet I have had 15 calls asking if I or any of my family have been involved in a RTA, the next thing is the speil about them claiming money back for you.

Scumbags the lot of them,

You never know they might find someone to pay up.

flat to the mat:

ady1:

[zb] you !! Thanks to people like you that the country is down on it’s knees.Suspect you moan every year when your insurance premiums go up ? Glad to be rid of your kind .

LOL, AGREE`D!!! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I watched a programme on BBC1 the other night and it was about “bogus” insurance claims! Anyhoo, there was this woman who went to her kids school for a sports day and she entered into the parents race, She starts running down the feilld and falls flat on her face…“claims” that she tripped on a dip in the grass…Wants the school to pay her “compensation”!!!
So they send the insurance co. in and found that the grass was as flat as a trannys chest, So no payout for you mrs!
But the next story really got on my T!TS, Some young lad was playing footy with a few friends, one of the lads kicks the ball to said kid and the ball bends back his fingers ( not breaking them)…The kids parents file a claim against the school and the little snot gets £4000 payout!

A message to all the insurance scammers…GO OUT AND GET A PROPER [ZB] JOB!!!

I blame ex DS Don Beech myself! :confused: :laughing:

flat to the mat:

ady1:

[zb] you !! Thanks to people like you that the country is down on it’s knees.Suspect you moan every year when your insurance premiums go up ? Glad to be rid of your kind .

You beat me to it flat to the mat,couldnt have put it better myself. :unamused:

howatsi:
I blame ex DS Don Beech myself! :confused: :laughing:

You’d think someone at Sun Hill Nick would recognise him when he’s on the telly.
No wonder they closed that nick, bloody hopeless! He even murdered one of their own as well. :wink:

Best thing my Boss ever did was fit insurance cameras to the trucks, certainly cuts out any chance of a false claim, we’ve had two or three cases where they’ve tried it on but the camera never lies.

Few weeks back I was travelling round the M25 early one morning, white transit comes past and decides to steer into my cab, ripped my side repeater and step trim off, smashes indicator and scuffs the corner panel, nice dent in the side of the van. Guy gets out and starts ranting that I drove into him and I should watch where I’m going :unamused:

Despite me pointing out the camera and telling him it had recorded everything he just kept going on about it being my fault, bit strange then that he refused to give me any details, got back in his van and sped off :angry: Got his reg so I called the insurance who advised me to call police so we got him on a hit and run. Police stopped him later that day, got his insurance details, they paid out and my truck got some new parts :grimacing:

Grayham:
Best thing my Boss ever did was fit insurance cameras to the trucks, certainly cuts out any chance of a false claim, we’ve had two or three cases where they’ve tried it on but the camera never lies.

So how much do these cost and does your boss get a reduction on his insurance?

Trucks are easily identifiable and are just about always well insured.This makes us targets for all sorts of low life.

chris mc:
hello all hows things■■?

Well today I had a sausage & mash (crash) 3rd party hit me. I done the good thing checked the 3rd party & witness was physically fine, checked that no danger to any other road user. Then exchanged details, All good no problems.

So alls good then 3rd party says I want to call the police. 3rd party calls the PO PO they say not their interest as no ones injured.

Nope you committed no offenses has you gave them your details. On the other hand if you just drove off, then your committing an offense of failing to stop at a scene of an accident so don’t worry

They almost certainly will try it on in a claim, but argue the toss with their legal sleaxebag and tell them to let you know when the court date is. They usually back down after you bite back.

Legally, you are in the clear. If you got pictures then you are doubly in the clear. Regardless of what the other party said at the scene, they will change their story but you stick to your guns when the mud starts flying and you will have no trouble.

Just out of interest, don’t you think it is a sad state of affairs when even minor accidents are automatically considered to be potential scams? It is a sorry reflection of the motoring public, and it is really about time the police and insurers started doing their jobs and clamping down on it.