Innocent till proven guilty

So last night I was having a good start to my shift untill i pulled out of a building i just unloaded at.
Some idiot parked there car right on the corner of a street and it appears that the truck who went before me maybe i dont know has wiped out the rear bumper /arch etc.
I approach with caution and park along the front of the car with the engine running to show this damage on camera.it is visable and its not me who done it.
I will then tell them to shove there job…only been there a few weeks but i ant being called a liar and accused of driving off etc.Just shows some companys dont support there drivers.

So did your company blame you for the damage? Your post doesn’t make sense.

arnt you getting a bit ahead of yourself… just make sure you keep the footage safe, if challenged just show it to them and inwardly smile

Lets get this straight — you were passing a car with damage to it that was nothing to do with you. You stopped and filmed it to show it wasn’t you that had done it, despite the fact that, after the event it didn’t prove anything. Now you’re jacking the job in because you didn’t hit it? Oo-er! Is there something missing from your post, like the car owner was there and accused you of it and reported it to your firm? I think if my car had been hit and I found a lorry driver filming it I’d have had my suspicions too!
Bernard

I would say that walking could be seen as an admission of guilt.

Paranioa can be medicated.

bazstan009:

My first post was abit crazy i admit.

What im saying is…the damage was done before i arrived and is on camera.

Im covered,but it was the fact i was shouted at on the phone and being accused.I have nothing to hide and they got the sd card out once i got back.

It looks like someone put 2/2 together and saw me turning and said it must of been me.

Even when i got back to the yard they were expecting a damaged trailer …mine was mint which makes be wonder why wasnt i asked for my version instead of being screamed at whislt driving on the m5!!

If you stop and start taking snaps of something that has got nothing to do with you people will think you have done something to hide.

You first post left a bit out mate, when I read it I did think that maybe you had it on the way in and tried to cover your tender end on the way out.
If your filming took place before you heard from office it was a bit odd.
However you won’t be the first to get blamed when no blame was due.
Would expect your office to take a more open minded approach though.

nobody stops and films the damage to prove it wasnt them

bazstan009:

By what, more cannabis?:lol:

nightline:
If you stop and start taking snaps of something that has got nothing to do with you people will think you have done something to hide.

I don’t think he was taking snaps. It sounds more like it was filmed using a dashcam while he was driving past.

buses:
My first post was abit crazy i admit.

What im saying is…the damage was done before i arrived and is on camera.

Im covered,but it was the fact i was shouted at on the phone and being accused.I have nothing to hide and they got the sd card out once i got back.

It looks like someone put 2/2 together and saw me turning and said it must of been me.

Even when i got back to the yard they were expecting a damaged trailer …mine was mint which makes be wonder why wasnt i asked for my version instead of being screamed at whislt driving on the m5!!

I would be more ■■■■■■ about being screamed at by some ■■■■■■ on the other end of a phone rather than about something I had not done.
Maybe you should ‘educate’ the ■■■■■■■ to stop him from doing it again. :bulb:
As for the damage, …you have answered your own question by the title of the thread, so if you are innocent why get stressed about it?

m1cks:

nightline:

I don’t think he was taking snaps. It sounds more like it was filmed using a dashcam while he was driving past.

Correct.

It was filmed on companys fitted camera.You entered the site one way and left on this said road.

Mu first thought was ■■■■ look at that damage on the car to the right in front. If the turning wasnt so opposite obviously i wouldnt have stopped as ive done nowt wrong and none of my business.

But the turn i was about to do could make someone think it was me.i suppose different people would of done different but i just wanted to cover my self.

Like some said i would prefer not to be accused the way i was.

Next time do i just ignore it and seek no help and possibly add more damage?Dont think so.

Try to ignore the voices.

Is it paranoia week?

I guess I was lucky because I never in all the years had a boss like that. I did the odd bit of damage and always owned up, but that kind of treatment would have created a job vacancy PDQ.