Where do you guys look for work - containers

7 depots mmmmm me thinks goldstar :laughing:

i hope its maritime as i could do with getting on there as i was informed by one of theres today that his truck makes Ā£4200 EVERY WEEK without fail :laughing: i couldnt even be arsed to argue with him

chaversdad:
i hope its maritime as i could do with getting on there as i was informed by one of theres today that his truck makes Ā£4200 EVERY WEEK without fail :laughing: i couldnt even be arsed to argue with him

it more than likely does, if it is double shifted and you was only talking to the DAY driver :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

shuttlespanker:

chaversdad:

it more than likely does, if it is double shifted and you was only talking to the DAY driver :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dont think he was a day man as he asked if he could get in front of me as he had been out since sunday and it was now 4pm in leeds on a friday and he was from felixstow

chaversdad:

shuttlespanker:

chaversdad:

dont think he was a day man as he asked if he could get in front of me as he had been out since sunday and it was now 4pm in leeds on a friday and he was from felixstow

That doesnā€™t compute very well with me :stuck_out_tongue:

Hopester, how long have you worked for this fantastic firm?

6 days :smiley:

greggy:

goldstar dont have 7 depots.

freightliner haveā€¦

cardiff
birmingham
manchester
liverpool
leeds
coatbridge
teeside

the dock depots are only for the trains.

chaversdad:

shuttlespanker:

chaversdad:

It is possible, IF he was pulling a splitter and heā€™s twinned everyday!

Unlikely though.

all your guesses are wrong , but I canā€™t tell you more as that would be advertising :wink:

ps. Hopester, we have another member who uses the same IP address :exclamation:

Denis F:
all your guesses are wrong , but I canā€™t tell you more as that would be advertising :wink:

Thanks Denis :wink:

And to whoever said ā€œIf your such a great firm why do you need to advertise?ā€ haha this made me laugh

Do we just use telepathy to send to all drivers that we are looking for people or do a recruitment campaign that involves doing nothing and waiting for them to come to us? Isnt that just "normal business? Muppet.

Yeah all rubbish companies advertise, whereas the great companies never doā€¦

About 3 years not sure why thats relevant though! Morning anyway :slight_smile:

Denis F:

I noticed that too, but my lips (and keyboard) are sealed. :wink:

To those knocking the OP, Iā€™ll say thisā€¦ Iā€™ve trained quite a few drivers from this company, and itā€™s fair to say that they seemed a happy bunch. :smiley:

Of course, subbies might be a completely different kettle of fish, so I couldnā€™t comment on that. :wink:

hopester:

About 3 years not sure why thats relevant though! Morning anyway :slight_smile:

It was just this that I am quoting now.

What makes you say that? Just interested to hear a) what company you think I work for and b) why we would struggle to get subbies when we are one of the most respectable and honest and best paying companies out there?

Just seemed a bold claim :wink:

jessicas dad:

greggy:

goldstar dont have 7 depots.

freightliner haveā€¦

cardiff
birmingham
manchester
liverpool
leeds
coatbridge
teeside

the dock depots are only for the trains.

goldstar have depots in
felixstowe
southampton
liverpool
tilbury
wakefield
woolpit
and cant remember the other one for the moment.

hopester:
And to whoever said ā€œIf your such a great firm why do you need to advertise?ā€ haha this made me laugh

Do we just use telepathy to send to all drivers that we are looking for people or do a recruitment campaign that involves doing nothing and waiting for them to come to us? Isnt that just "normal business? Muppet.

err. i,m no muppet, the point i was making is that people like maritime who pay peanuts are always advertising as nobody wants to work for them, but the people who pay decent money and are well established dont have to as any od with anything about him would ring these people anyway to see if they had any work, its a well known fact amongst o/d,s that any company that has to advertise for subbies usually arent worth bothering wiith

chaversdad:

hopester:

err. i,m no muppet, the point i was making is that people like maritime who pay peanuts are always advertising as nobody wants to work for them, but the people who pay decent money and are well established dont have to as any od with anything about him would ring these people anyway to see if they had any work, its a well known fact amongst o/d,s that any company that has to advertise for subbies usually arent worth bothering wiith

Exactly, thats why in the 25ish years ive been reading truck magazines, that the same people have been advrtising in them.

chaversdad 100% spot on !!!
hopester just post the rates and if they are any good the phone will be red hot and adverts will be a thing of the past,on the other hand if they are not keep the adverts to the t&d and get another load of muppets end of !!
moose

the other goldstar depot is on the isle of grain

Re the below - this is all fair enough actually! Wasnt having a go but its interesting to see attitudes with actual drivers - get a bit shielded from that doing what I do for my company!!

All the below is massively constructive so I appreciate it guys really do. Will drop some rates on here, just didnt want to break the advertising rules of this forum!

Cheers

chaversdad 100% spot on !!!
hopester just post the rates and if they are any good the phone will be red hot and adverts will be a thing of the past,on the other hand if they are not keep the adverts to the t&d and get another load of muppets end of !!
moose

Exactly, thats why in the 25ish years ive been reading truck magazines, that the same people have been advrtising in them.

The reason you may have had a rocky welcome Hopester is that it is well known on these forums that container work doesnā€™t usually pay that well for owner drivers or small subbies with the usual suspectā€™s offering a pittance of a rate to get mugā€™s to do the work for them.

If you were to take 10% off the rate you are paid and pay the subby the rest then you will have no problem getting your pick of subbies who know what they are doing, this is assuming you get a decent rate in the first place which if you are the mighty G then I would have thought this is possible.

Paying low money is counter productive as you will have subbies going bust left right and centre on you leaving you in the lurch and the oneā€™s that donā€™t go bust, the moment they get a sniff of a better deal elswhere, they will be oscar mike. :wink:

Just to add, once you get a reputation for paying low rates and taking the micky out of subbies, you will find it hard to shake which may leave you wanting if/when you get busy.