Where do you enjoy going?

Following on from my earlier thread"where do you dread going?",where are the places you love to go to? What places make the job all worthwhile and bring the “feelgood factor” to your day?

For me,it would have to be the Devon/Cornwall run(such a lovely part of the country) or running along the Romney Marsh in Kent(I grew up in that area).

Drop wise,it would have to be any Aldi depot,as they are all self tip so no queueing! And the exercise does me good! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Come on gang,what does it for you?

Dan.

Anywhere there is very little traffic, preferably a coast road so I can see the sea, and at dawn on a spring morning. Some great coast roads in Scotland, and many very quiet…

The best road in the world for me has to be the Pacific Coast Highway from San Diego to San Francisco, the second best is the same route going the other way :slight_smile: (It’s better for the driver going North, good view and less chance of falling off the road!)
I’ve done that run 3 times and and plan to do it at least once more whilst I’m still young enough to enjoy it…

Martin

To bed!
preferably with the wife but a young blonde would do! :stuck_out_tongue: :smiling_imp:

Thecritic:
To bed!
preferably with the wife but a young blonde would do! :stuck_out_tongue: :smiling_imp:

I’ll second that motion!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thecritic:
To bed!

Surely that should read:

Preferably with a young blonde but the wife will do!!! :smiley: :smiley:

Dan.

Be greedy, have the blonde and the wife…!!! :imp:

NORTHERN MAINE, provided I get no hold ups. I can be there the night before and next day deliver and spend a few hours in the area, everyone is very friendly (except the cops), the coast line and landscape are beautiful, all the men look like they are in ‘ZZ top’. On Bar harbor, Maine the Dover ferry leaves from Calais … It reminds me of home.

2nd favourite comes Wilmington MA and one particular company that treats me like one of the family, I arrive in the night and they wake me when ready next day, I get Coffee, food, hats and anything I want, the always ask for me when my company phones for a delivery appointment.

3rd favourite … England of course.

A different place as often as possible, all points of the compass. Only routine gets me bored!

Mal.

Same with me Mal. I’m sick of seeing the A1 and A14 :frowning:

Have to say I thoroughly enjoy taking the artic down challenging roads ! Am I the first to have pulled a half-loaded artic along the A39 from Bridgewater through Minehead and up Porlock Hill and through Lynton and Lynmouth to Barnstaple !? 1:4 hills and hairpin bends… I’d do it again if I had to too !

Done most of north Wales round Blaenau Ffestiniog, Betws-y-Coed, Capel Curig, Pass of Llanberis etc pulling artic bulk tippers. Awesome roads and scenery. I’d do that every day of my life if I could. I love those sorts of roads! I hate motorways.

The Valleys in South Wales are spectacular too. And I won’t even start on Scotland.

I’m probably one of only a few that will happily take the Snake Pass to get from Sheffield to Liverpool instead of M1, M62 ! I love a change of scenery and to get off the motorways. :slight_smile:

Brgds

Speedy

Speedy:
Have to say I thoroughly enjoy taking the artic down challenging roads ! Am I the first to have pulled a half-loaded artic along the A39 from Bridgewater through Minehead and up Porlock Hill and through Lynton and Lynmouth to Barnstaple !? 1:4 hills and hairpin bends… I’d do it again if I had to too !

Challenging ? :wink: them’s main roads round here :smiley:

I deliver mostly to Builders Merchants, so I spend a lot of time visitng small towns on small roads in beautiful places.

I often spend two days tipping off at Jewsons and Travis Perkins in Devon and Cornwall, two lovely counties, we also do a run which goes up through Snowdonia to Angelsey- thats a fantastic drive.

Lake District too, and we do a drop in Kendal, then head off northwards up the A6 over Shap, which is a place of legend for truckers.

But my favourite English county, and again I go there quite often, is Shropshire.

Vince

Yepp, I love the twisty stuff as well Speedy!

I remember a long time back I had to go to a place in Cornwall called Kelly Bray, ive never been there since, and them roads seemed really hard to me as it was my first artic job, telegraph hill, and hairpins I just couple of things I remember, but I havent ever been back in over 20 years. I wonder what Id make of it now?

Oh, and what might have made it seem harder was in a Borderer and 150 Gardner, with 22 tons of coal in the bucket!

Mal.