What would you do?

I pulled up at oakhampton services at 2:30am yesterday morning to diesel up only to find 2 artics already at the pumps so I waited patiently for five mins,
After five mins the lorry on the right hand side pump had paid and was off.
Now I wanted the left hand pump so I waited another five mins and by this time I was wondering if this guy was ever going to move so I got out and took my fuel card in to the cashier who was talking to a guy drinking a coffee,
I said yo the guy in a very polite tone excuse me is that your lorry?
He replyed yes it is,so I said could you please move so I can use the pump,
He said no I cant move for half hour or so yet :open_mouth:
I said are you taking the p**s?
His reply was, Yea something like that!
so I went to my lorry and got a pen and paper and started scribbling!
He then came out and said what are you doing?
I said Im taking your details and Im firstly going to call your boss and ask him if its common practice for his drivers to break the law!!
He said, but but but im not breaking any law,
I said I think you will find that you are and the second call im going to make is to vosa just to confirm that :laughing:
He still didnt move so I went on the other pump and pulled the pipe over the top of the catwalk and stretched it in a bit of an aggressive manner and it just reached the tank! Now the more I think about it, the more I wish I had of taken his details and reported the [zb] as I think its just plain ignorant and people like this should be taught a lesson!! :grimacing:

unfortunately m8 that’s the way some drivers are. they only think of themselves and [zb] anyone else.

If the auto-censor catches a word, that’s a clue that the word isn’t allowed. dd. :wink:

Had the same a few weeks back with one of Eddies finest. Had a tosco trailer on with a nice plastic seal thing on, well he did when he left his depot but he didnt when he left the pump! I do hope he got into some bother for it! :smiley:

Take down his details phone his boss and VOSA give him a dig whats wrong with some people?

Imp:
Had the same a few weeks back with one of Eddies finest. Had a tosco trailer on with a nice plastic seal thing on, well he did when he left his depot but he didnt when he left the pump! I do hope he got into some bother for it! :smiley:

You should have pushed up the roller door :wink:

Imp:

Unfortunately I doubt it, they rarely check the seals.

There are some pig ingnorant [zb]'s out there to be sure.

If the auto-censor catches a word, that’s a clue that the word isn’t allowed. dd. :wink:

Should of accidently on purpose pulled the kingpin lever.

I admit he was beung a selfish [zb] but what law was he breaking? drinking coffee while tacho on break is legal i think as long as he put it on other work to fuel up then onto break to chat up the cashier.
I’m not saying he was right but what was illegal about the situation?

opened hid door assuming it was unlocked, he sounds like a prick so it probally was and then i would of squirted diesel in his cab, (well thats what i would of liked to do but being law abiding where possible i probbally wouldnt of, why are there so many lorry drivers around that just want to ■■■■ other drivers off :confused:

welshboyinspain:
I admit he was beung a selfish [zb] but what law was he breaking? drinking coffee while tacho on break is legal i think as long as he put it on other work to fuel up then onto break to chat up the cashier.

Causing an obstruction?

I’ve come accross people like this in the past.
Probably on a regular run,stops there every night at 2-30 to diesel up and drink coffee and because he’s been doin it so long,he thinks he has a God given right.

Never mind his employer or VOSA,i’d contact the Services.
The attendant shouldn’t be allowing vehicles to block the pump for 30mins.
They should tell the driver to move.

what a [zb] there is a lorry park the other side of the road :imp:

welshboyinspain:

He’s breaking the law by filling up when booking a break, and if he started his break after he filled up, there would be no reason to stay on the pump.

Dieseldogsix:

welshboyinspain:

He’s breaking the law by filling up when booking a break, and if he started his break after he filled up, there would be no reason to stay on the pump.

i could have sworn thats what i put in my post about putting it on break after fuelling, just being selfish isn’t something VOSA would probably be concerned with.

welshboyinspain:

Its illegal as I assume being the ignorant [zb] he was that he would have put it on break as soon as he got to the pump so thats working during a break!
Fifteen mins i can understand but forty five mins is beyond testing my patience!! was it you :laughing: :wink:

Dieseldogsix:

welshboyinspain:

Exactly my point!

total madness:

welshboyinspain:

Its illegal as I assume being the ignorant [zb] he was that he would have put it on break as soon as he got to the pump so thats working during a break!
Fifteen mins i can understand but forty five mins is beyond testing my patience!! was it you :laughing: :wink:

certainly wasn’t me, not stupid enough to buy fuel in a services, dearest places aren’t they? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

welshboyinspain:

total madness:

welshboyinspain:

certainly wasn’t me, not stupid enough to buy fuel in a services, dearest places aren’t they? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not if your on a set price fuel card it dont matter.

Have encountered something similar at Ducklington services. Palmer and Harvey truck unloading on the only working lorry fuel pump, yet they have a loading bay which was completely empty. I thought sod him and pulled up behind where he proptly appeared and whinged about not being able to drop his tail lift. When asked why he wasn’t on the loading bay he replied he’d park where he wanted. He went and sulked in his cab until I’d refuelled, and cleaned my lights,and used the toilet, wiped my mirrors, topped up my screenwash :laughing:

Perhaps a few of the self centred donkeys who regularly take a 15 on the pumps in Chippenham truck stop will read this & learn to fill up then pull the 100 yards or so into the parking area & take a proper break. I sat in there having my break several times watching lorries filling up & staying put to finish their break, downright selfish but they obviously don’t give a monkeys.

BB