What would have you done?

pulled into Lancaster services n/bound around 3pm today followed a S C Copper artic up the slip and into the long load bay(he was only normal size) & there were 3 of us with 60 footers on so gave him a few toots of the horn-nothing other than looking at me thru his mirror :imp: so got out and asked him if he was guna move as it was a long load bay and there was 3 of us wanting to get in??he opened the door and mumbled sumat then shut it :imp: so we parked in the coach area as there was plenty of room in there(he could`ve parked in lorry park as there were a few spaces in there!!question is what would you have done in this situation?? dragged him out the cab :smiley: parked at the side of him? spoke to manager of services?parked in coach area as we did?phone his company n complain? etc etc

1 in frount, 1 behind and 1 to the side and 11 hours off!! :smiling_imp:

any of the ones mentioned, but especially dragging him out of the cab, but only after he mumbled something and then shut the door on ya :slight_smile:

caveman:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dbt:

caveman:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sounds like a winner to me :smiling_imp:

If there was 3 of you I would of all got out and asked him if he was going to move, if he didnt then you know what.

Yep, block him in.

many years ago I was on a job with 3 long loads (100 foot bridge beams) because it was a Motorway closure and they HAD to be there we arrived 24 hours before the motorway closure

The abload bay had a gentleman in it who refused to move , despite the fact there was plenty of room in the lorry park, luckily it was a wide bay so we dropped one trailer in front, one behind and one alongside

I didnt go back the next night as it only needed one vehicle to shunt the trallers to site, and never heard if he got out somehow before our shunt motor turned up, but seeing as he was well boxed in unless he off roaded up a steep grassy bank I doubt it

Up until a few years ago, I’d have ripped the ■■■■■■ a new ■■■■■■■■, but now, with age catching up on me, I have to admit that I’d only have a ■■■■ good try at ripping him a new ■■■■■■■■.

As far as I know in Germany if you call Police they are coming to move him away and give him large penalty as bay is marked Wide Loads Only. I am not sure if British Police would bother and if they can prosecute for that.

caveman:

this

caveman:

Same here. As said, police probabaly wouldn’t want to know. We had similar situation when
car blocked our entrance; phoned police who didn’t want to know, so told them the plan was to block the car in, still didn’t want to know until they were told it was one of theirs! Got one vehicle bumper to bumper in front but before second was in position they suddenly decided they did want to know.

My pet hate, I drive low loaders a lot of the time STGO3, they can be up to 8 of us all weighing 118t trying to park up somewhere, I have to say supermarket trucks are the worst offenders.

Alcpone:
If there was 3 of you I would of all got out and asked him if he was going to move, if he didnt then you know what.

Yes,I’m sure that you all could have appealed to his better nature-or perm any two out of three to keep him’entertained’ whilst the other one parked his vehicle appropriately :smiley: :smiley:

the skipper:
Up until a few years ago, I’d have ripped the ■■■■■■ a new [zb], but now, with age catching up on me, I have to admit that I’d only have a ■■■■ good try at ripping him a new [zb].

Yep…this about sums up my solution to the problem too :unamused:

shame you couldnt have got fiona and her creamy mess there…im sure he would have moved no bother for her.

If it was Coopers (or any other firm where the number was on the door) I would have rung up the office blagging to be the PoPo or Vostapo and basically called the guy a Grade A C*** :grimacing:

i would have done what i did to the renault driver taking his break on the fuel pump in strensham services. asked him nicely to move and when he didn,t, drag him out of the cab, moved his truck and then threw the key,s at him.

Hiya …if its S cooper northwich (red motor poss DAF) ring the tel no and ask for geoff robinson or rick howarth(directors)
and tell them what a [zb] the driver was. they try to keep a clean shop and will take action. they did with me. HA HA
i made a better move after all. they don,t like any unruly acts in that firm.

DOLLY BLACK SHEEP:
pulled into Lancaster services n/bound around 3pm today followed a S C Copper artic up the slip and into the long load bay(he was only normal size) & there were 3 of us with 60 footers on so gave him a few toots of the horn-nothing other than looking at me thru his mirror :imp: so got out and asked him if he was guna move as it was a long load bay and there was 3 of us wanting to get in??he opened the door and mumbled sumat then shut it :imp: so we parked in the coach area as there was plenty of room in there(he could`ve parked in lorry park as there were a few spaces in there!!question is what would you have done in this situation?? dragged him out the cab :smiley: parked at the side of him? spoke to manager of services?parked in coach area as we did?phone his company n complain? etc etc

grahamzx6r:
any of the ones mentioned, but especially dragging him out of the cab

the skipper:
Up until a few years ago, I’d have ripped the ■■■■■■ a new [zb],

Isn’t it amazing how many have-a-go heroes come crawling out from under their rocks, but only once they are behind the safety net of a keyboard …

Alcpone:

Oh that’s right, you’re not man enough to have a go yourself, so you decide that 3 against one is the way to go! What’s wrong, were you the spotty kid who got bullied at school?

Did it ever occur to any of you Rambo wannabe’s that the guy HAD to park there as when he arrived there were no other spaces? And that he couldn’t move because he was on a break? And that just like you the guy was just trying to get on with his job, by getting his break over with and getting on with delivering his load … perhaps just like you?

One of the first lessons I learned as an adult is that the guys who like to mouth off about how hard they are, or what they ‘would’ do … are the very ones who couldn’t fight off a cold! I suspect that applies to all of you, and if you had tried to serve it up to this particular driver then shortly after you had ‘dragged him from his cab’ that he would proceed to quite convincingly rag-doll you about like an empty shellsuit, leaving you looking and feeling decidedly vulnerable … and stupid!