What would you have done.....?

Had one days holiday yesterday, due to be back at work today.

Got a call yesterday to get start time and what trailer I needed.

Just as I am walking out the house this morning, get another call to say my truck isn’t back yet and not to come in just yet. Get told they would call a bit later to let me know what time to come in.

This resulted in me sitting at home, phoning them at various points (they never once phoned me) to find out what is going. Keep getting told they have to ‘sort out’ my truck, but they will not tell me exactly what the issue is.
I manage to glean that an agency driver had it on a night out…seriously ■■■■■■ off because I was told it was only doing a day job so left all my stuff in it including bedding!

This carried on till late afternoon when they conceded that I wouldn’t be in today…very evasive about whether I would get paid or not…

Finally found out that my truck was available for me tomorrow late this evening…but they are point blank refusing to explain why I had to sit at home today…

I would have given it 2 hours then told them I was going down the beech.

i would have gone in on time it,s there problem then if you turn up thay have to pay you use d to happen when i was on free lance if thay said a time i woulkd turn in

FarnboroughBoy11:

Is that a pub, named after a tree ? Lol.

martinviking:

FarnboroughBoy11:

Is that a pub, named after a tree ? Lol.

I’d have gone to the royal oak. But its all about preferences. The only beer in the beech is John Smiths. Ghastly stuff. The oak has a range of real alea. Great stuff. Each to his own and all that.

Mind you I suspect Farnboroughladdy is a lager man. Possibly Stella Artois. But I have been wrong before. :wink:

Not pay after that lol. It’s their truck so they can do what they like but they pay, end of.

:laughing: :laughing: Sorry, i meant beach!!

Ah right, why didn’t you say so in the first place!

happysack:
Ah right, why didn’t you say so in the first place!

Because I was talking about a pub named after a tree that’s right on the beach :wink:

Ah right got ya. Different pub then I guess.