What would you do?

Right here goes, I was parked up in my little sprinter in aston nr Star City when this Renualt Premium pulls up in front.

Out jumps driver with a big holdall that he puts down next to fuel tank, and then from the bag comes a large rubber hose that goes in to tank and the other end after a few ■■■■■ goes into the holdall which I have to assume has a jerrycan in. this was all done in a about 2 mins total.

The guy was wearing a Royal Mail Hi Hiz and T Shirt, though the unit was plain white(Probably Hired).

Out of curiosity what would you do in this situation. report it or ignore it.

Ignore it as the driver has nothing to do with my company so nothing to do with me! :wink:

I would mind my own [zb]ing business. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: You know nothing about the situation and anything you think can only be an assumption.

glen958:
Right here goes, I was parked up in my little sprinter in aston nr Star City when this Renualt Premium pulls up in front.

Out jumps driver with a big holdall that he puts down next to fuel tank, and then from the bag comes a large rubber hose that goes in to tank and the other end after a few ■■■■■ goes into the holdall which I have to assume has a jerrycan in. this was all done in a about 2 mins total.

The guy was wearing a Royal Mail Hi Hiz and T Shirt, though the unit was plain white(Probably Hired).

Out of curiosity what would you do in this situation. report it or ignore it.

Keep me bloody neb out!! :grimacing:

Am I the only person who say to the villian right you slag this is a citizens arrest come and sit in my van until the police arrive to give me a reward.

Aye, I’d leave it. You never know, they might be withholding his wages, boss is banging his Mrs etc
Or he might be about to have new fuel tanks fitted and is getting the last bits out so the guys at the garage don’t nick it all.

You never know

To be totally honest I had no intention for doing anything about it, just wondered what everyone else would do. I’ve seen plenty at the pumps filling jerrycans but never someone go to the lengths this guy did.

Doesnt directly affect me or my family so I would take no notice, if the price of stamps end up rising by 1p because of this sort of behaviour then i might beat him up

and its because of this sort of behaviour that wages will always be low for the lot of us,
robbing diesel, fiddling time sheets, fiddling expenses helping yourself to goods in transit nicking anything that is not nailed down, and a lot of it that is, and when a company goes bust everyone says oh dear another one gone where will it all end, i would have telephoned the police and shopped the thieving ******

SHYTOT:
and its because of this sort of behaviour that wages will always be low for the lot of us,
robbing diesel, fiddling time sheets, fiddling expenses helping yourself to goods in transit nicking anything that is not nailed down, and a lot of it that is, and when a company goes bust everyone says oh dear another one gone where will it all end, i would have telephoned the police and shopped the thieving ******

I thought the wages were low because companies are too dull to include the price rise of fuel in there quotes so they just give drivers crapper wages to compensate.

people moan about fuel thefts in one thread and in this thread there OK with it :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

mickyblue:
people moan about fuel thefts in one thread and in this thread there OK with it :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

^^^+1 only without the smiley :imp:

my fuel never gets nicked from my car :grimacing:
If i owned a lorry I would make ■■■■ sure it was not easy for them to nick the fuel, obviously most companies dont give a ■■■■ as they dont do f-all to protect it.

mickyblue:

Yeah but he’s thieving from his OWN unit :laughing:

I wouldn’t do or say anything, nothing to with me, dont know his situation, not directly effecting me or my job.
So our wages are low because people are stealing diesel■■? Come off it, people have always stole diesel and will always steal diesel no matter how much they earn or whatever the economic climate is.

So nicking off the boss is OK then is it? How about having a root through you mate’s cab, just in case he’s left any unwanted cash lying around? Or taking someone’s mobile that they left in the drivers room. Theft is theft, my friend…
And as an aside, if I found either an employee or a workmate with a bag holding a jerry can and a length of hose - his feet wouldn’t ■■■■■■■ touch the ground!!

The Sarge:
So nicking off the boss is OK then is it? How about having a root through you mate’s cab, just in case he’s left any unwanted cash lying around? Or taking someone’s mobile that they left in the drivers room. Theft is theft, my friend…
And as an aside, if I found either an employee or a workmate with a bag holding a jerry can and a length of hose - his feet wouldn’t [zb] touch the ground!!

I agree sarge, I didn’t say it was ok nor am I condoning it :confused:
Are we talking about a workmate/employee then■■? As I thought we were talking about a complete stranger in a Renault premium :wink:

I’d mind my own business.

It don`t matter who he is thieving from … theft is theft !

thieving scum…end off. :imp:

You said “it was his own unit”, so the chances are he’s nicking from his boss.
I’ve never believed in “variable honesty” You either are honest, or you aren’t. I know it’s a very outmoded concept; along with things like helping someone out just because they need help - but that’s just me…

The Sarge:
You said “it was his own unit”, so the chances are he’s nicking from his boss.

That’s just it, ‘chances are’ but no one on this thread knows for sure, it’s all just assumption.

Equally the boss might let him have a bit for his car to get to work and back, I’ve know this to happen. It might be his own truck. He might even have lost something in the tank and is trying to get it out. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: