What tractor units are currently built in the UK?

As per the question, which tractor units are still made here?

DAF’s ?

dont they still make mans in sandbach :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

are some volvos still made in Irvine?

dennis fire engines and also a few municipal vehicles (refuse trucks)■■

RHD DAF’s, I made a post on this in the Foden thread.

Buy British buy DAF :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :laughing:

Made or assembled? :wink:

Rikki-UK:

Same thing Rikki,

Rikki-UK:

the latter rikki :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dreva:
dont they still make mans in sandbach :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

no mate they have a small corner of the what was the factory to do specail orders pet reging and wet packs and the like but the rest of the place is now storage for a drinks company :cry:

the only one i can think of is dennis with daf the parts are shipped over and assembled here

cheers gonz :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

toowise:
are some volvos still made in Irvine?

The factory closed about 10yrs ago and has since been flattened. :cry:

I have heard that due to the high cost of DERV, they’re considering restarting Sentinel production on steam. :smiley:

Sentinals ran on coal but they closed the coalmines didn’t they?

Does anyone remember a bloke in the 1980s who used to build one-third scale steam lorries using modified Reliant Robin engines as the powerplant?

DAF are assembled in the UK. The cabs are built in Belgium (same line as mine was built on), the engines and axles come from (I think) holland and Germany. I regularly pass transporters loaded with them on their way into Zeebrugge to ship to the UK.
And MAN still has the old ERF plant.