DAF UK

I dint know daf are still building so many trucks in the uk ,they are knocking out 50 a day [all models]from their plant in leyland,thats good to hear :slight_smile:

I thought it was only the chassis that was still build in the uk

irish lorries:
I thought it was only the chassis that was still build in the uk

no m8 full trucks ,all models and they employ over 900 staff :slight_smile:

That’s good to hear I’m surprised they don’t put the Leyland daf badge on them anymore they might get more sales in the uk

irish lorries:
That’s good to hear I’m surprised they don’t put the Leyland daf badge on them anymore they might get more sales in the uk

There is a white CF about with “LEYLAND” in black lettering on the grille. It looks nice, something I’ve thought of doing with mine. I saw a another CF tractor unit a few years ago with an AEC blue triangle on it. When you think about it it is related.

Cotswoldcrunch:

irish lorries:

There is a white CF about with “LEYLAND” in black lettering on the grille. It looks nice, something I’ve thought of doing with mine. I saw a another CF tractor unit a few years ago with an AEC blue triangle on it. When you think about it it is related.

think its an xf your on about belonging to greenwoods of manchester with the old leyland letters on the grille

are volvo still building trucks in scotland :question: :question:

seth 70:

Volvo closed the Irvine plant many years ago

At Leyland all right hand drive models are assembled ,for uk and export.Also the LF can also be bodied there if required…Though Leyland don’t manufacture ,but only assemble vehicles ,they do special projects like the pre production models for the Brazilian factory ,and I think they send people out to the likes of Taiwan ,where they send knockdown kits to train the locals…So the Leyland Assembly Plant is busy .Ie MX engines come from Eindhoven with the gearbox already attached for a plug and play fit ,Axles and CF XF cabs come from Westerloo in Belguim ,again for plug and play .Lf cabs from Renault ,axles from Glasgow engines ■■■■■■■ ,gearboxes zf.or a 9 speed eaton box is available

Ref the Leyland Daf badging …Rumour was it was confusing to foreigners sounded bull to me …Think when PACCAR took over DAF and since they already owned Leyland they just wanted one brand name

norb:

seth 70:

At Leyland all right hand drive models are assembled ,for uk and export.Also the LF can also be bodied there if required…Though Leyland don’t manufacture ,but only assemble vehicles ,they do special projects like the pre production models for the Brazilian factory ,and I think they send people out to the likes of Taiwan ,where they send knockdown kits to train the locals…So the Leyland Assembly Plant is busy .Ie MX engines come from Eindhoven with the gearbox already attached for a plug and play fit ,Axles and CF XF cabs come from Westerloo in Belguim ,again for plug and play .Lf cabs from Renault ,axles from Glasgow engines ■■■■■■■ ,gearboxes zf.or a 9 speed eaton box is available

Ref the Leyland Daf badging …Rumour was it was confusing to foreigners sounded bull to me …Think when PACCAR took over DAF and since they already owned Leyland they just wanted one brand name

Thanks for that norb,do you for daf with so much knowledge :question: :question:

I see a red unit on the A14 around the suffolk area alot with the old Leyland writing in white on the grill.
I at to look twice when i first saw it :open_mouth:

seth 70:

norb:

seth 70:

Thanks for that norb,do you for daf with so much knowledge :question: :question:

Been in dealer network for 18 years…You learn and pick up knowledge after a while ,and you get the history when you do the Leyland & Eindhoven visits…Just been out and bought a copy of trucking which actually has a spread on the Leyland factory…Though they say cabs are assembled in Eindhoven…As far as I know they are still done in westerloo in belguim…The cab panels are pressed in Eindhoven and shipped to westerloo

Who makes the chassis ?, i thought they were also shipped in from an outside supplier as well.

jon boy 100:
Who makes the chassis ?, i thought they were also shipped in from an outside supplier as well.

You have me there…For the XF and CF( excluding what was the 65 as although it has a CF cab it uses the lighter LF chassis ) i’ pretty sure they did XF ,CF chassis themselves but I am not 100% sure

norb:

jon boy 100:

You have me there…For the XF and CF( excluding what was the 65 as although it has a CF cab it uses the lighter LF chassis ) i’ pretty sure they did XF ,CF chassis themselves but I am not 100% sure

OK, Cheers. Great post, You see all the parts coming over the 62 from Hull en route to Leyland.

Thanks

The LF cab minus DAF badge taken summer 2013

1570.jpg

CF 65 ready for chassis painting

1569.jpg