Wheres yours made

Is your Super Swede made in Belguim
your Hitlers revenge in South Africa

if you know, let me know where various trucks are made

My freightliner was made in Mexico

My Renault was built at Saint Priest, a suburb of Lyon.

Most trucks are assembled at a few major plants - but components are made Europe wide, no-one manufactures a truck from the ground up in one place

Rikki-UK:
Most trucks are assembled at a few major plants - but components are made Europe wide, no-one manufactures a truck from the ground up in one place

I would say that would be for cars as well

when i say truck i mean the thing that leaves the plant on wheels
and not the components

My 12 plate Axor 1843 - Aksaray, Turkey.

Rikki-UK:

I know that DAF turbochargers are made in Romania, and that there have been quality issues with them.

Harry Monk:

Rikki-UK:

I know that DAF turbochargers are made in Romania, and that there have been quality issues with them.

I wonder why :open_mouth: :laughing:

Foden 4000, made in sandbach 19 years ago and still rolling along no problem.

kr79:
My freightliner was made in Mexico

Mine was made in the US before they moved production. I’ve had a few of the ones built in Mexico and they aren’t any worse, but then, you cant get much worse than a 25yr old ERF with a big cab anyway!

i know this isnt a truck, but still, might just intrest some one (or not :laughing: )

my car, honda civic aerodeck (2000/X)

built in swindon, but, the car’s design is japanese from 10yrs prevous, developed further to the rover/honda partnership, then the german’s developed the estate/aerodeck. the running gear is japanese but with tweak’s from the honda europe, so pretty much multinational… :wink:

so probably more “uk” (using that very loosely) that most other vehicles’ on the uk’s road’s…

Volvo’s assembled in Russia! (Allegedly - what I was told once!)

Kaluga Russia, Bangalore India, Bangkok Thailand and Curitiba Brazil are among some places that Volvos are manufactured yes.

The Scania I currently drive wass made in Södertälje, I don’t really think there are too many Scanias from Zwolle being sold in scandinavia

I did buy an Opel Combo a few years back, thinking I would get a solid german car. Turns out it’s made in Zaragoza with the engine from Fiat :laughing:

I thought mine was made in Stuttgart (MERC Actros 55plate)
But I see the new Actros is made In Wörth in Germany so would assume it was also made there.

milodon:
Kaluga Russia, Bangalore India, Bangkok Thailand and Curitiba Brazil are among some places that Volvos are manufactured yes.

FL10’s used to be built in Scotland.

There is not much built in Scotland now sadly.

Dont know where Volvo make their B9R coach chassis but the bodyworks made in Scarborough :smiling_imp:

The alternator for my old Ford cargo was the same as a mini metro.

So far as I know, and for Europe (other plants in s and n America and elsewhere) this is where complete trucks are built (as opposed to engines, cabs etc):

Scania main plant in Sweden, assembly plant in France

Volvo main plant Sweden, assembly plant Belgium

Iveco: Plants in Italy, Germany, Spain and France, new Stralis to be built in Spain with some (most) other plants closing

DAF: Main plant Holland, assembly plant England

MAN Germany

Merc: Germany, with some Axors built in Turkey

Renault: France

But all the manufacturers use components from all over the world. Many major engine castings come from Brazil, because Brazil leads the world in the casting of cast iron engine blocks.Many turbos come from the UK,some Germany. Fuel injection from UK and Germany