Quick quiz

One of the perks of my job, is I get invited to visit truck making factories- for the last couple days I have been at one of the most modern truck making plants around, as a guest of the holding company this plant owned by one of the huge multinationals this plant regularly beats all the other factories in the same multinational in quality and productivity. It exports 40% of what it makes.

Anyone want to guess the brand of truck they make? , the name of the company who makes them, and where they are based? - for some at least the answer may be a big surprise

You’ve been at the DAF plant in Leyland

billybigrig:
You’ve been at the DAF plant in Leyland

Close but no cigar :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: there was 3 questions :bulb: you have one out of the 3 right

Terbergs ■■

getting colder :wink:

Is it MAN in Poland ?

Robspils:
Is it MAN in Poland ?

Nope Billy got one part correct - :wink:

Paccar ?

PaccarGroup - leyland trucks and Daf ?

The Leyland plant in Daf?

I’d have said Daf at Leyland too. If Daf is correct i’ll take a punt at Daf in Brazil.

Certainly can’t be Volvo Poland - they’d fail the quality criteria, the Euro 6 FM 11’s we were driving were falling apart in front of our eyes.

Wasn’t there a most pointless thread somewhere…:wink:!

MAN, somewhere in England, exports frilly curtains for cab windscreen.

Fodens at Sandbach. :laughing:
Hinos’ flat packing facility?

Seriously,
Daf
Paccar
Brazil somewhere?

Many folks are very close- the totally correct answers are

Anyone want to guess the brand of truck they make?
They produce DAF and Kenworth branded trucks

The name of the company who makes them,
Is Leyland Trucks, a wholly owned subsidary of Paccar- (note: not by DAF who are also owned by Paccar)

And where they are based?
As the name suggests in Leyland Lancashire

Some more snippets on Leyland Trucks, they designed, developed and are the only plant to build the DAF LF which is shipped all over the world, some to other Paccar plants in knocked down kit form, and the areas where there is no suitable plant as complete vehicles.

All CF65 2 axle rigids, and all RHD versions of the CF75 and CF85 are produced at Leyland.

The Right hand drive DAF XF is built by Leyland trucks

Rikki-UK:
Many folks are very close- the totally correct answers are

Anyone want to guess the brand of truck they make?
They produce DAF and Kenworth branded trucks

The name of the company who makes them,
Is Leyland Trucks, a wholly owned subsidary of Paccar- (note: not by DAF who are also owned by Paccar)

And where they are based?
As the name suggests in Leyland Lancashire

Some more snippets on Leyland Trucks, they designed, developed and are the only plant to build the DAF LF which is shipped all over the world, some to other Paccar plants in knocked down kit form, and the areas where there is no suitable plant as complete vehicles.

All CF65 2 axle rigids, and all RHD versions of the CF75 and CF85 are produced at Leyland.

The Right hand drive DAF XF is built by Leyland trucks

British made then

Wonder why the home market vehicles don’t have “Built in Britain” on them, even just as a sticker?

It was one of ERF’s biggest selling points.

What about actually badging them as Leylands?