What to do when agency doesnt pay?

OK, I may just be spouting off because i’m bloody annoyed but then again I may have a valid point.

I usually get text alerts from my bank when a deposit of over £100 takes place. As this hasn’t been working lately, I didn’t get my usual alert when my wages went in on friday. Off I trot on saturday to the bank, to find my wages haven’t gone in - again - and as it’s saturday, there’s bugger all I can do about it.

I’ve phoned first thing today and what a suprise, the guy that deals with wages isn’t in today, apparently he’s in the lakes somewhere. Hopefully he’s not there all week, but he’s taken the security dongle with him so there isn’t any way for someone else to sort it out.

What makes it worse is the fact that I used to be on thier books at the start of the year. Fast forward to 4 weeks ago, and come payday for my first week back with them, no wages :imp:

Apparently my details were no longer on thier system. Bearing in mind that your hours have to be in by Monday lunchtime, surely it wouldn’t have been difficult to phone me BEFORE friday to sort the problem out, they have the means to pay into an account within 3 hours.

There is also someone with the same initial and surname as me. I found this out while out of work. Suddenly I had over £350 in the bank from this agency. They had obviously selected the wrong person on the computer and clicked pay. They soon got in touch to ask me to pay it back, which I did, so where’s my bloody money now?? :imp:

I’m going to name them - It’s Tower Staff Solutions at Immingham (Bentons Yard)

Has anyone else had problem with them, because after this, I’m seriously thinking of telling them to ■■■■ off.

Thanks for listening, :laughing:

Burn down the office. But in all seriousness, it takes 48 hrs to process. They knew you weren’t getting paid on Wednesday. Next time you’re working for them, ring up and tell them they have 3 hrs to pay up all outstanding monies, or tell them,they can tell the customer the lorries not coming back tonight. Then put it down to a bad experience, finish the day and leave the agency

Will always be a problem whilst humans get put in charge !!!

Petrol, glass bottle, rag and a good aim :smiley:

Do what that other driver did in cwmbran a few years ago!!!

why put it down to experience it is illegal to withold wages

telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop … iller.html

Not that I’m reccomending it but this guy was owed money as well :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

billybigrig:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/wales/3230667/Armed-seige-as-police-hunt-recruitment-agency-killer.html

Not that I’m reccomending it but this guy was owed money as well :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

that was the one i was on about!! :laughing:

melbro:

They aren’t witholding wages as such, just an annoying a-hole that wont trust anyone with the security device. From what I was told later in the day, he has to set the amount and details for each driver and click pay. Very boring when there’s loads to do but still no excuse.

I have applied to Stagecoach anyway. I fancy going back on the buses with regular hours and being able to know what I’m doing.

Darby Flyer:

melbro:

They aren’t witholding wages as such, just an annoying a-hole that wont trust anyone with the security device. From what I was told later in the day, he has to set the amount and details for each driver and click pay. Very boring when there’s loads to do but still no excuse.

I have applied to Stagecoach anyway. I fancy going back on the buses with regular hours and being able to know what I’m doing.

They are not witholding wages? If you were expecting them as per your contract then yes they are. The lack of adequate payroll cover is no excuse as you, not the agency, you are out of pocket through no fault of yours. Give them 48 hours and then the small claims court.

moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Don’t expect any thanks, favours or work afterwards though.