Smart recruitment Leicester not paying wages

Hello there
I have done some work for smart recruitment in Leicester
I think they are a new agency
had a text come through on friday saying ‘sorry guys problem with pay and pay will not go in today it will go in on Monday’ and all the usuall bull
By the term GUYS she must of sent that text out to everyone who was due money for that week
She has paid before on time I cant remember the name of the LTD company that paid into my account before but it was not called ‘smart’
Will check my bank statement soon to find out
Also I am PYE

Any way today is monday so i checked my account and no money had been paid
rang her up and as useuall she did not answer the phone so sent her a text saying no money had gone into my account
got a reply saying it can take up to 5pm for accounts to pay the funds
Come 5pm no funds had cleared, text her again saying the same thing and got a reply of who do you bank with I replied Barklays
Since then I have had no reply from her

Right employment tribunal or small claims court?
Taken agencies to tribunals in the past over unpaid holiday pay but not for unpaid wages
And it took some time to get the cases hered
A solicitor told me if you want to take them to court you can go to the town hall and pick up the relivent paper work
He said it can be done fairly fast
He also said being PYE that if the company go bankrupt the goverment pay your wages
Being another flyby night agency this could well happen
If I did take them to a small claims and they do go bankrupt could I still get my money through the court

Right now I want my money as fast a,s so which one do you think I should pick?
Has anyone been working for this agency and had the same problem

Thanks
B&G

Paperwork comes from the court or do at moneyclaim.gov.uk
First rule find out who to sue are they ltd co ?
Most banks operate faster payment takes 2 hours max to go in account , maybe someone has let them down on money

Good luck think youl find hassling will work better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.euro-scaff.co.uk

Write to them giving them seven days to pay you, if they don’t then issue a summons here moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

go in an see them. they might have done a runner.
other than that, peoples attitude is very different face to face. be polite, and if that dosn’t work then kick off.

another option is say [zb] all. do another job for them, then hold the truck until you’ve been paid.

this branch opened about 6-8 month ago.Sophie before was working for interaction recruitment.may be was not paid,because last week was bank holiday.to many agency after bank holiday pay later

you try contact to Derby branch.i think Derby branch -head office for this company
.4 Osmaston Road
Derby
DE1 2HR

T 01332 207766
F 01332 207799
E derby@smartrecruituk.com

Andrejs:
you try contact to Derby branch.i think Derby branch -head office for this company
.4 Osmaston Road
Derby
DE1 2HR

T 01332 207766
F 01332 207799
E derby@smartrecruituk.com

These are an even bigger bunch of tossers, beware, they are very very dodgy.

I know plenty of “LTD” guys who have had to take these shysters to court to get their money, BEWARE :imp:

clues in the name smarter!

Perhaps your jumping the gun, there was a big banking crisis on Friday where LLOyds or RBS could not take money in, or pay money out, the bank had to open all day on Sat and all day Sun to sort out the backlog…They were limiting customers of the bank a maximum of £300…be patient.

truckyboy:
Perhaps your jumping the gun, there was a big banking crisis on Friday where LLOyds or RBS could not take money in, or pay money out, the bank had to open all day on Sat and all day Sun to sort out the backlog…They were limiting customers of the bank a maximum of £300…be patient.

True, except the post was made two weeks ago.

limeyphil:
another option is say [zb] all. do another job for them, then hold the truck until you’ve been paid.

Not sure why people think this is a sensible method?? You do not own the truck and neither do the agency, therefor it can technically be classed as theft or failure to return one’s property when requested. It’s not the companies fault that the agency hasn’t paid him so don’t take it upon yourself to take a joyride in their truck where it suits!!

Take the agency to small claims court. The information is available online, and there are easy ways to do it, I’m told.

Most companies usually pay up when they see you’ve prepared the paperwork, but if they still don’t pay then go ahead and do it.

The last company that failed to pay me had me speaking to their Head Office talking to their ‘Finance Officer’ about court and a ‘winding up petition’ as clearly they couldn’t afford to pay their drivers. Days later I got paid after months of being fobbed off and ignored. Still didn’t pay me what I owed fully but I got 80 percent and without going to court so I’ll leave it as that and write that off as a mistake.

Probably a good thing too as their truck was borderline legal, horrible to drive, and all sorts of [zb] wrong with it that was causing me more pain to drive it than was necessary for the job.

strange i had a driver this morning refuse work for tomorrow because smart ahem ‘pay’ more think i may direct him to this thread!

we may not pay the most but the money goes in every week, oh and the rbs natwest thing we had drivers print off their payslips and take them in so they could get some of their money but i like how the bank just thinks a sorry is enough people had worked all week and couldnt get their money, some had phones cut off or put on incoming only due to it but at least you all got a sorry!

bunch of bankers :open_mouth:

Indeed. Despite this age of electronic transactions and banking it does show that having some actual cash for emergencies is a good thing.

However, most of the time you probably don’t have enough ‘spare’ cash to take out of your finances to put away for such emergencies. Before last year I didn’t even have a reserve in my bank account and over a years worth of transactions I built up several hundred pounds credit in the bank rather than having to use overdrafts or pay-day-loans, which is another stupid idea to snare the low paid!

Eventually it’ll be sorted, right? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Agree !!! AVOID SMART RECRUITMENT ! have worked for them in bristol. first thing. on a last day for one of their customers in bristol the company cut few hours of my work . contacted them ,but SMART washed their hands and told me to contact the company directly ! its their customer and they are my agent i said, so was told they will contact them. now over one month later nothing happened toward it.
next thing was i was sent for a shift to another customer in bristol and worked wednesday for them. was told on thursday im booked whole next week at the same place. did not search more for jobs as was sure i’m booked. turned up for work on monday.after hour and half of my work momeone realised theres a mistake with booking as their regular driver turned up. I was sent home obviously. no single attempt of contact from SMART RECRUITMENT has been made for over 3 weeks. no money paid for turning up to work and wasting time.worked elsewhere from wed till fri and went for christmass break. while on break i emailed SMART’s main office and told them the story. they said someone from bristol will contact me. guess what ? next monday i had a 1 second call from smart ! phoned them few days later and they say “we tried to contact you for 2 weeks” ! unbelieveable ! and asks me if i am up for work with them.i said yes. today 1st february ,not a penny paid for turning up to work and working an hr and half.

Not sure if this is relevant /related , but i`d be getting my claim in today asap and seeking new agency .
recruiter.co.uk/news/2015/11 … nt-agency/

Arrests following raid on recruitment agency
Wed, 4 Nov 2015

In a joint operation led by the Pensions Regulator and involving Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire police, and the Employment Agency Standards Inspectorate, three men and a woman were arrested at the recruiter’s Derby office.

The fifth was arrested in a separate raid at a business in Nottingham city centre.

All were arrested on suspicion of fraud.

A statement from the Pensions Regulator, sent via Nottinghamshire police says a sixth person, who voluntarily attended a police station, was questioned.

It also says all those arrested were released on bail with appointments to return to a police station in the new year.

Smart Recruitment operates in the driving, industrial, office, technical and catering sectors. In addition to its Derby office, it has branches in Nottingham, Leicester, Walsall, Birmingham, Exeter and Bristol.

A spokesman for the Pensions Regulator told the Derby Telegraph: “The searches and arrests are part of an ongoing criminal investigation into allegations of fraud relating to the automatic enrolment of staff into workplace pensions and underpaying workers.”

The person also told the newspaper that the investigation would “take some time” before it was completed.

A spokesperson for the Pensions Regulator told Recruiter it was unable to comment further on an ongoing investigation.

Recruiter also contacted Smart Recruitment but was told no one was available to comment.

Wonder when the court case is /was and what the outcome ? funds held/seized :question:

strange I saw this last year but not heard anything since.

companycheck.co.uk/company/0571 … ED/summary

doesn’t really say about the allegations.