Wages help please

Like most of us we put a time sheet in to be paid, does your employer HAVE to pay attention to your time sheet and raise descrepencies before your paid or can they ignore it do what they want, pay you and then you have to raise it with them? Reason been i just got mine with 2 days missing and its not the first time. Its bill day tomorrow for most of us and i’m £250 short = no mortagage payment till next week am fumeing and i am looking for saomething to really throw at them.

Thanks.

I don’t know about the law but the last company I worked for , if they screwed up the wages they would pay any bank charges/ overdraft charges etc. or would give you cash straight away( wages were bank transfer)
I can’t see them doing this unless they were legally obliged.
In general terms I guess that if your contract says you are paid on the time sheet then if the boss thinks that the sheet is wrong he should query it before deducting any pay.
Hope someone comes along with better info!

A couple of weeks ago there was a mix up with our wages and they didn’t go into the bank as usual on Friday. I spotted it when I checked my internet banking at 00:05 on the Friday and the money wasn’t there. I raised the issue with the boss at 07:00 and the problem was looked into, the mistake rectified and the money went in later that day. Anybody who had incurred bank charges as a result of this had the charges reimbursed by the company. Some drivers did incur charges as Direct Debits had been bounced or they had gone overdrawn in the morning and the money went in in the afternoon.

Thanks see what happens tomorrow.

Never had it happen to me but it has to my wife.

She went back to work at Tesco’s after Maternity leave, halfway between paydays. Payroll dept cocked up and only paid her the two weeks she worked and missed off the last of her maternity pay. (Two weeks) She explained that she would not be able to manage without this money so they gave her a wages loan, roughly the equivalent of what she was short. The missing pay was added on to her wages the following month and she just repaid the value of the loan.

I was paid 185 hours overtime instead of 18.5 I had to pay it back :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: