What the ????????

I saw a truck on the M25 today with some weird attachments on the wheels
it was a foreign truck Daf or Volvo dont know I was mesmorised by the shiny things on it.

On the wheels there were crome discs spinning at the same rate as the wheel just like a hub cap but in the centre was a hub & that stayed stationary & hade a crome flexible cable running to the cab. I only caught a glimps of the n/s but there were at least two, one connected to the front & one to the rear.

Does anyone have any ideas as too what I may have seen ■■?

Some kinda ufo thingamyjig maybee :wink:

I think it is a tyre pressure monitor/Inflater.

looks abit Heath Robinson :laughing:

Auto-lube I believe. Lots of Spanish trucks seem to have them.

Thats the first thing that i thought of but they covered the entire wheel, also some cars have tyre moniters & inflaters built in but they dont take up that much space & definatly not on the exterior.

They looked like something out of mad max.

or a fan of 007…

Did it look like this ?

If it’s what I think it is, seen a similar sort of thing on cars - I think it’s just a rather tacky (IMHO) hubcap. Never seen it on a truck but nothing would surprise me. This site: http://www.hubcaps-wheelcovers.com/spinning__hubcaps.htm may show the sort of thing you mean

No No & No no one is any where close yet

I spent all night last night rackin my brain & searching fo all fings that spin & fit wheels. But have seen intresting pictures of self lubricating systems & tyre inlation systems but still no where close.

The discs on the wheels were crome finished & virtually covered the entire wheel leaving bearly enought space to fit a weight
The flexible cable was stainles resembling a shower pipe & didnt follow any contours of the unit they just ark’d out from the centre of the wheel to the cab or chasis rail, they had a nice flowing curve all the way.

It could be something described here already & just fancy’d up a but.

Man they looked Funky…

I will keep on looking & when I find them I let you know.

Sounds like a pair of flux capacitors to me…

Slightly off topic but has anyone seen that M&S trailer with the arched roof?

I saw one on the M3 a while back and thought I’d dreamt it up but saw another more recently. Is it a fuel efficiency thing or what?

Quite a few Spanish trucks have a system that is similar to what you are describing. It keeps the tyres at a constant pressure. This sounds like a blinged up system though

8wheels:

I saw one on the M3 a while back and thought I’d dreamt it up but saw another more recently. Is it a fuel efficiency thing or what?

Big article in MT or CM a few weeks back.

M&S reckon they are the future and developed it with Don-Bur IIRC.

Supposed to reduce fuel consumption and therefore emissions.

Looks bloody ugly to me though.

Slogan goes something like - ‘Plan A, because there is no Plan B.’

flying_fenman:

8wheels:

Big article in MT or CM a few weeks back.

M&S reckon they are the future and developed it with Don-Bur IIRC.

Supposed to reduce fuel consumption and therefore emissions.

Looks bloody ugly to me though.

Slogan goes something like - ‘Plan A, because there is no Plan B.’

Ive seen a few on M25 I’d like to see em maximise the space inside, are they gonna double stack in the middle or just waste it ?