New Age Trucks

Saw this one at a German Airport, its based on a DAF chassis with a 420BHP engine.

That is a very strange looking vehicle :open_mouth:

Did you get a look inside?

I saw that on the A3 between Framkfurt and Cologne a couple of weeks ago. ■■■■ thing nearly caused several accidents as cars made all sorts of strange manoeuvres in an effort to get a closer look.

Unable to get a look on the inside due to the gorrila guarding it. However from what i could see there appeared to be two or three monitor screens on the dashboard and where the bunks would be were individual seats

Didnt Mercdes release that 1st? im sure ive seen it in a magazine when it was 1st released, and if u look at the wipers it represents their logo. I will have a look for it, i could be wrong :confused:

Renault’s Radiance looks better :sunglasses:

In the third pic down, it looks like soemthing out of “Alien”

Interesting Pic’s :smiley:

MAD28:
Didnt Mercdes release that 1st? im sure ive seen it in a magazine when it was 1st released, and if u look at the wipers it represents their logo. I will have a look for it, i could be wrong :confused:

You’re right Mad, Mercedes did have something like that out years ago. Some pictures of it in this thread.

Thanks for posting the link Coffeeholic
it had some interesting pic’s :smiley: .

Looks crap, but interesting nontheless :confused:

Your right V8KARLV8 I prefer the trucks
that are on the roads now as the older trucks
dont have the things the trucks of today have
and as you say the new trucks will probably
look crap.

Yea, i prefer “present” trucks to concept ones :laughing: :wink: :smiley:

There was something very similar to that on ‘Tomorrow’s World’ several years ago (when I say several years ago I mean several years ago…!!!).

Same looking cab except the domed glass section was mounted on a pair of diagonal rails. The theory was that if the truck was involved in a head-on collision, the domed section would ride along these rails putting it behind and above the front of the trailer.

Andrew Matthews:

I’ve got a customer that looks like that! Not saying which oine of course! :wink:

Agree with Karl and Convoy, todays trucks defo look better, if thats what trucks will look like in the future, i wont be looking forward to it. :cry:

Cheers for the Link Coffee :slight_smile: