What are These ?

Anybody any idea what these things are fitteed to the wheels of this Spanish car transportor ?

They were fitted to the trailer’s wheels as well.

Spotted @ Stafford Services sometime ago.

Immobiliser cable?

Ken.

They keep the tyres round.

Not 100% sure but think they monitor tyre pressures

i went to mexico earlier in the year and most buses had this

bugcos:
Not 100% sure but they they monitor tyre pressures

This

its a catheter to make sure the driver doesn’t contravene uk msa laws and gets the wheel first… :slight_smile:

might be wrong ,but they look like tyre pressure monitors/inflaters as fitted to some high end cars

many eastern european trucks are fitted with these so the double manned teams can ■■■■ up the wheels without stopping :smiley:

They monitor tyre pressure and I think they run a type of gas instead of air.

They make a clicking noise as you drive, like your bike used to when you was 8 years old

its for female drivers, at the end of the rod there is a device that goes up and down and it makes the journey more enjoyable :stuck_out_tongue:

I watched something a while back were a truck had these on in logging work, when the mud and ice got to much the driver deflated the tyres from the cab to give more traction then reinflated once clear. Looks just like what’s in the OP picture.

Not the film I watched but same idea if that helps. :smiley:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=S7vVgimNAxs

It’s this
aircti.com/

the first few trips I ever did to spain, had never seen those before so thought the trucks they were on had been clamped and stayed well clear of parking near them :laughing:

Desperate:
They make a clicking noise as you drive, like your bike used to when you was 8 years old

Brilliant :laughing: :laughing:

As its an Iveco they are probably oil resovoirs for the wheel bearings.
They run in engine oil not grease so probably on long distance trucks they monitor the hub oil level.Cant see how you would monitor tyre pressure from the hub.Most tyre monitors use radio transmitters in the valve stem.

^^^^ yeah, it’s not this!!!

Bking:
As its an Iveco they are probably oil resovoirs for the wheel bearings.
They run in engine oil not grease so probably on long distance trucks they monitor the hub oil level.Cant see how you would monitor tyre pressure from the hub.Most tyre monitors use radio transmitters in the valve stem.

What an absolute load of total ■■■■■■■■.