What the hell are people like today!

Sorry not truck talk, but people talk.

On my way home today, driving through a small village near where I live. I noticed the traffic was moving very slow. Anyway, came round a slight bend in the road (where the road narrows) to my shock and horror, there was an old Gent half laid in the road, and half on the pavement.
People sat not 20 yards away ramming their faces with fish and chips, and you guessed it, the traffic was driving around him, just ignoring him.
Anyway I pulled across the road next to him (which then stopped the traffic) and helped him to his feet. He said he just felt faint and he was ok. He even tried to give me a fiver for helping him (Bless) once on his feet he was fine, and away he went. I looked across at the fish and chip merchants and just said, “I don’t know how you sleep at night!” to which not one of them could look me in the eye.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE! :imp:

For those whom whinge on about how great England is…well here is a fine example… :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

I’m still trying to work out the best way to commit suicide at 50…

…(any suggestions■■?)…

…if this is the way that those waiting to go r treated today…then hows it going to b in the future…

Browmbear…feel good about yourself…and treat yourself to something

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I think I must have my head in the clouds. I was really horrified that people didn’t stop :frowning:

God help us in the future eh!

didn’t by any chance look like a drunk or homeless person at all■■?..
That can put people off…whether right or wrong :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I know what you mean, I think I would think twice about that.

Smart chap. Even a tie…Just a sad world we live in my friend.

i did the same a few years back in the middle of Manchester City centre some old bloke just fell over, people just walked past…i went to see if he was ok & he was thankfully…he too just felt a little dizzy, i asked if he wanted a lift home & he said just help him to get a taxi…off he went after thanking me.

I just couldnt belive how people just walked around him…

Its just the shockfactor that makes people behave like that. They see it, look around and arn’t really sure whats happening. I remember seeing a bad accident happen in front of me, my first reaction was (which i did) get safley around them and out the way. I was going to carry on and had to think, oh hang on, they might need help. But my initial reaction was to get out the way :blush:

SuperSmiley:
I’m still trying to work out the best way to commit suicide at 50…

…(any suggestions■■?)…

assistedsuicide.org/

It works for all ages !!!

I was going to carry on and had to think, oh hang on, they might need help. But my initial reaction was to get out the way

I do understand this feeling.

A car flipped over in front of me a couple of years ago, and ended up in the trees at the side of the road. I pulled up as soon as I could and sat there for a minute thinking. What the hell state is the driver going to be in? The car ended upside down with smoke everywhere. I was shaking like a leaf. But, I got out of the truck, and run to the car to help. The driver was ok (Lucky Barsteward!) Got him out, Jobs a good 'un!

That feeling is crap! You think should I pretend I never saw anything, and just keep on driving…

Just a shame that most drive past…

Was like that before Christmas on the M1 just before Northampton services .
I was coming N/B at about 4am and on the other side i could see a set of headlights on the S/B side that looked like they were dancing all over the place .It was a car spinning down the Motorway , it hit the central reservation which in turn catapulted it in the direction of the Embankment , rolled up the embankment , caught fire and then landed on the hard shoulder on it’s roof :open_mouth: :open_mouth: .
I stopped on the Hard shoulder and phoned the cops , fire and ambulance .Whilst i was doing this people were slowing down to have a look and then carry on , even the people that were immediatly behind the accident that must have seen how it happened didnt stop .It was only lorry drivers that stopped to help the bloke out who was by now clambering out of the car .The operator told me to carry on with me being on the N/B hard shoulder and the acciddent was S/B and i hadn’t seen what caused it .
I couldn’t beleive the amount of people that wouldn’t stop .

On the other hand though…sometimes it’s better not to help…for their sake■■?

I remember once…a friend and myself went to London on a early Sunday morning…years ago…when we noticed a car parked half on the H/S and half on slip road…of Scratchwoods’ MSA…thought it a bit strange…but ignored it…

Coming back about an 1hr later…the car is still there…so we stopped…ran across the motorway…(it was quiet)…to find this rasta…out cold clean…
Tried to shake him to wake him up…for ages …nothing…initially though he was dead…but he was sweating quite a bit…so thought better call 999

Just as were talking to the operator…he wakes up…so we tell them don’t worry about it…

Chatting to this guy for a few minutes…then just as we were literally leaving… this cop car turns up…one copper pulls us to one side…whilst the other copper talks to the rasta…

My mate suddenly gives me a tap…and say look at that…the other copper has pulled this big bag full of weed…from this rastas’ pocket…and when i say big…i mean big

■■■■ ourselves laughing everytime we go pass that point…he definitely got free food and accomodation for a while…
Give him credit though…at least he does quality control on his goods.

Just the times we live in.

These days it is just as likely to be someone lying there to get you to stop so that when you get out to help someone else gets into your vehicle and disappears in it, as it is to be someone who is in genuine need of help. :imp: :imp: :imp:

Coffeeholic:
Just the times we live in.

These days it is just as likely to be someone lying there to get you to stop so that when you get out to help someone else gets into your vehicle and disappears in it, as it is to be someone who is in genuine need of help. :imp: :imp: :imp:

Which is exactly why i wouldn’t stop (fair enough if i saw the accident thats different altogether)

Dont get me wrong i’d happily phone the authorities on behalf of someone appearing to be in need of assistance but thats as far as it would go…

Also on another point when i was just a whipper snapper of a van driver i was travelling between Hereford and Worcester on the A4103 and a securicor ■■■■■■ van was in front of me doing between 40 and 45mph i was probably about 2 to 3 hundred metres behind him (i know unusual for a white van man its usually 2 to 3 hundred milimetres) :laughing: :laughing: … Anyway …Mr securicor driver dissapeared out of my sight around a left hand bend and as i hit the bend i had the biggest shock of my life …Mr securicor and a lady in a fiesta (she had been coming the opposite way) had hit each other head on and were obviously very stationary as oppossed to my 40 ish mph … :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: … So cardiac arrest and brown trousers for company i did my best starsky and hutch and managed to avoid the nearside of the securicor van and with the help of the grass verge avoided making a bad situation a hell of a lot worse…

So anyway i gets out checks with Mr securicor …He’s fine and just getting out of van so i carry on over to the fiesta where a very shocked buisness type lady is sat behind a deployed (and now deflating ) air bag with a perfect pair of red lips imprinted in the centre of it :laughing: :laughing: …(made me giggle anyway)…I helped her out of the car (door was jammed but a bit of pulling and heaving sorted that) and she got out unaided so she was fine too …By this time obviously quite a few other people had arrived at the scene and it wasnt very long before plod showed up either so they took my name and address and off i went on my way…

AND THEN ALL I HAD FOR ABOUT 18 MONTHS AFTER WAS RUDDY SOLICITORS LETTERS FROM HER INSURANCE THEN SECURICORS THEN HERS THEN THE COURT THEN LAWYERS IT DROVE ME INSANE COS LIKE I SAID IN THE BEGINNING
I DIDNT SEE THE ACCIDENT I ARRIVED AFTER THE EVENT SO I DONT KNOW WHO WAS TO BLAME OR HOW THEY HIT !!! :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

So never ever again will i offer up my details and if im able to (assuming i havent been involved in the accident) as soon as i see any sign of plod im back in my vehicle and gone…

i always stop…even if its to knick the wallet/handbag…can be a lucky day sometimes… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

truckyboy:
i always stop…even if its to knick the wallet/handbag…can be a lucky day sometimes… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :confused: :confused:

It was a ploy used in the eastern bloc to get us soft western drivers to stop. There were times when this ploy was used to nick your load or at least your wallet.

If you witness an accident then by all means stop. But be careful of a bloke pretending to be a victim.

Beware of Bob nicking your wallet too if you have an accident