Death by truck!

well you might think this is a strange subject but ive had a v strange /stressed out couple o days
OK , well here i go…Tuesday afternoon about 3.30…#23 westbound just over the r/r at Dufrost ,i was heading back from Grunthal with a load o sand back tae somerset ,sun was shinning ,last load o the day radio playing .
I first noticed the car parked up on the eastbound side in the distance (for people who dont know this road its straight ish and not really all that busy),the car then moved off and swung onto my side o the road and put the foot into it. i never started to worry until it started to get close and it still was moving faST THEN i thought @@@@@ i braked hard ,ciouldnt take to the gravel as the train would have flipped ,ikept it straight at brakedHARD,anyway i thought im gone shut my eyes opened my eyes and the car shot past just//driver was middle aged woman hands gripping the wheel eyes wide open stairing ahead…
The rest o the trip back was not good for me ,my mind was going100mls an hr. got into yrd and my legs turned tae jelly :blush: :blush: phoned up police ,but as i got no reg number ,no good ,and by the way driver this is happening more and more…
didnt get much sleep on tues night ,boss took me of the train and put me on redimix for the day…
waS BACK ON the train rest o wk …that selfish ■■■■■ has got me flinching now if a car pulls out to overtake
thought i was invincible ,carefull driver but you can never tell what ##### going to …up your life /take it …

Pretty disturbing. I see crazy drivers who seem to be ona death wish every day. You just have to ignore them and carry on.

Thanks for the pms and call you know you you are :blush: :smiley:

aye Pat ,im trying to get it out o my mind …friend told me this happened acouple o wks ago north o w/peg on #6 except she carried it out …straight into one o northern decks outfits …
buddy tells me that the ND drivers taken really bad… :frowning: :frowning:
jimmy.

I was loading with a bloke in Hatfield years ago, he left before me but never made it as far as the A1M, a bloke drove right under the front of his lorry, he’d phoned someone before he set off, so the law knew what had happened straight away, but the lorry driver was in a right state, bad enough killing yourself, but involving someone else is even worse :unamused:

Keep your chin up Jimmy :wink:

It happens here too, and gets reported in the news as “an accident involving a truck”. :angry:

By all accounts it happened once at a firm where I used to work, and still do holiday cover. The driver (the firm’s oldest and most experienced) lost control of his 25 metre w&d and ended up waking up in a forest after having gone through the windscreen. The steering wheel was pushed back into the seat. He still drives for the firm and won’t wear a seatbelt :wink: