Being talked to like crap

Since ive been on tnet theres is a few things ive started to notice,this week ive had a gut full of people talking to me like im on their shoe,security men ,goods in staff usually plonked behind a sliding window,fork lift drivers [the worst]in fact everybody seems to talk to drivers like crap,wtf is going on has nobody got any manners anymore,u have to drive thru crappy traffic and delays no fault of your own and when you get to the place you are given a bollockin,a grunt or a you a late where have you been,■■■■■■ off with it this week ,no need :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

funny that, i get it at home too !.

sod off …

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

People spoke to me like ■■■■ long before I was on Tnet. Now I just add a few more names to the list

Have a beer.That’s what I have on a Friday,we mechanics get spoke to just the same …I just can’t hold my tongue and basically tell people where to go :stuck_out_tongue:

Where ya been on that bit of a run :wink: :wink: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Don’t know what kind of driving you do but everyone is under pressure in the industry, yet there’s no excuse for treating anyone like that. I always phone ahead or back to the office if I’m delayed but then all the runs I do are timed with a bit of leaway.

As well as driving I have my own business and I have been ■■■■■■ off hanging around waiting for a delivery which doesn’t turn up until 4hrs after the time given or even next day, when a simple phone call would have let me get on with other things. Its simple consideration, not everyone has sod all to do but hang around waiting for god to turn up in his scabia.

communication people, communication.

tango boy:
Where ya been on that bit of a run :wink: :wink: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

All over the place m8,its been one of them weeks like the bloke on the skittles advert,everything ive touched done or been near as fell apart ,peoples attitude dunt help. :imp:

its like water off a ducks back for me.

they think I’m a ■■■■■ i think they’re a ■■■■■ The world keeps spinning regardless and i just carry on and go about my day :grimacing:

Don’t get a job night trunking into Palletways at Fradley Park.Shocking the way they talk to drivers there.

If people talk at you with derision - at least you’ve been noticed enough to get on their ■■■■.

It’s those that ignore me outright, or talk to me incoherently that get up my nose. Assuming one is some kind of “brudder” or something. :angry:

seth 70:

tango boy:

All over the place m8,its been one of them weeks like the bloke on the skittles advert,everything ive touched done or been near as fell apart ,peoples attitude dunt help. :imp:

Certainly makes the job harder to bare :unamused: :unamused:

Purfleet docks is a fine example of drivers being spoken to like crap or just generally ignored when you say good morning afternoon etc.

jediknight:
Purfleet docks is a fine example of drivers being spoken to like crap or just generally ignored when you say good morning afternoon etc.

Probably best to say things twice so you’re not ignored :wink:

Lol tabldt having a hissy fit was trying to delete its repeat

Rise above it Seth… have fun with these ppl and play the game… when Ive been late and get it in the neck, I simply use sarcasm i.e.millenium falcon did the kessel run in less than 12 parsecs…and that navigated through the stars …my truck is limited does 56mph…and has to navigate many more morons :grimacing:

My usual reply is i do apologise but our company chinook is in for service so was unavaliable.otherwise we would of avoided all the traffic.it gets a funny look sometimes. And then some click on.

Having seen how some drivers speak to security guards as a matter of routine it’s little surprise that the favour is returned in spades when the time comes. If I was sat in a shack all day and got verbal/bad attitude off drivers for no reason I’d probably adopt the same attitude that some of them do and regard all drivers as idiots. The number of socially inept cavemen driving trucks who are unable to complete a sentence without swearing is unbelievable.

Swampey2418:
Rise above it Seth… have fun with these ppl and play the game… when Ive been late and get it in the neck, I simply use sarcasm i.e.millenium falcon did the kessel run in less than 12 parsecs…and that navigated through the stars …my truck is limited does 56mph…and has to navigate many more morons :grimacing:

Er - a parsec is a unit of distance, not time. So what you are really saying is that you went the long way :wink: