What the eck is my satnav saying here?

Ive been driving class 1’s only 6 months now and going up and down the A1 J43 bypass my satnav tells me to stay on it but I have no idea what its saying. The only reference I can find on the actual road is the Micklefield bypass.

Ive put up a short video capturing the moment. Can anyone shed any light please?

youtu.be/oCnwMdtnakU

Probably sayin put that ■■■■■■ phone down :unamused:

My phone was in its cradle but its next to the handbrake and akward to see over the dash top hence the position thanks. I’m certainly not silly enough to hold my phone while im driving let alone post a video of it.

Before that junction was put in…

In days before electric light, hi-viz vests and auto boxes. The old road ran right past Micklefield and the old truckstop that used to be there.

I’m guessing (cos I can’t see what yer Satnav is saying) that the old road technically still exists.

It just says A1 on the screen thats why i dunno what shes actually saying, it sounds like “continue on my burgle bypass” but im only guessing

Kind of hard to tell from the video, but is that the a1/m62 interchange?
If it is, you have a choice, you can either come off the slip and onto the roundabout (Ferrybridge services) and back onto the 62, or you can carry on the a1 and filter left onto the 62. I have a garmin and it gets confused sometimes at that point.

Its junction 43 on the a1 if you stay on the main road it goes to the m1. Im sure its not far from wetherby services. The bypass is right next to micklefield which is where the windmill farm is.

Sat nav needs updating, that’s all.

Slo:
It just says A1 on the screen thats why i dunno what shes actually saying, it sounds like “continue on my burgle bypass” but im only guessing

“Enter you my number, my arse”?

Invest in a decent bridge height map. You will learn nothing with a sat nav mate, use Google maps on a smart phone if need be to narrow the location down.

Sounds like ■■■ on my burger till i pass…

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It’s saying Aberford Bypass

Desperate, thats probably it thanks. Sounds almost like its saying that so thats good enough for me.

It sounds like “continue on that road more my arse”, so draw your own conclusions.

I know is it as the old A1, if you ever need a break they is plenty of parking… Just be careful on a night as they is a lovely caravan site on one side :wink:

ezydriver:
It sounds like “continue on that road more my arse”, so draw your own conclusions.

Didn’t sound like Jim Royle talking.

Throw it away and read a map.