Another sat nav cock up

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-be … s-28168681

I presume this grounded out but its an unusual looking trailer seems very low

That looks like a Movie Makers Ltd truck and was trying to find the field to park up, where they make films in the back of beyond.I have seen a dozen or so parked up by a forest.

absaloutly amazing remember b4 u had these gr8 devices /oh ye maps or maybe even get out and ask this is the future neva mind wonder if he done his cpc yet :smiley:

I assume the driver was using a car sat nav and not a LGV sat nav,looks like he has tried to raise the suspension on the tractor unit.

He would have ■■■■■■ that if the trailer wasnt a stepframe :unamused: :unamused:

I once got stopped by a guy in 4x4 while I negetiating a very small lane, the smug 4x4 driver said you are using a satnav then are you? I said yes, I then asked him for directions to my destination, 2 miles on an take the next right (very narrow) place you want us on the left, about half a mile.
Oh says I [zb] satnav wa spot on!

Point is some places are a female dog to get to by map or satnav.

It’s not the sat nav that’s cocked up its the driver .another reason why I also use a navigator map as well as the sat nav.

Dan Punchard:
It’s not the sat nav that’s cocked up its the driver .another reason why I also use a navigator map as well as the sat nav.

^+1

I’ve only got a car Sat nav but I use it conjunction with a road atlas and common sense.

Truck sat nav tried to direct me through Thames Water board yard in Enfield to get to Lidls

Norfolknewbie:
Truck sat nav tried to direct me through Thames Water board yard in Enfield to get to Lidls

Maybe it knew something you didnt, you should’ve give it a go. :smiley:

or maybe not!

wasn’t the sat nav that told him to drive on to the grass looking at it if he needed to turn he cud have driven down and reversed up the other fork . or like toby says may have been trying to reverse into field for a film or tv set.

sat-navs is not the issue, the are a only a toole.

drivers wit no common sense and companies putting to much time pressure on drivers, put the both together and you have a big f**k up

Even a regular road atlas wouldn’t really tell drivers that a lane was unsuitable for hgv’s and you can’t always assume there will be road signs advising you of that fact.

In the past I have delivered to businesses operating out of barns in farmyards. Got to them ok with drawbar outfits, but an artic becomes a real liability in some locations.

Dan Punchard:

A work 3 weeks ago and 2 new drivers with only sat nav and no maps, what do they do if given a truck where they cannot plug it in.

He’d have been stuck either way, theres a ruddy great sign post in the middle of the island he’s stuck on.

mac12:
A work 3 weeks ago and 2 new drivers with only sat nav and no maps, what do they do if given a truck where they cannot plug it in.

Hand a defect report in and ask for a map. :wink:

gickniff:

Dan Punchard:

^+1

+2

Normally the route in and out will have been recced by a location manager then a movement order written up with maps
And clearly stating to use that route and not follow sat nav post code the trailer looks like ether make up or wardrobe because I think the low under slung part is water tanks