Say no more

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-17530125

I know that street quite well, i even don’t like taking my car up it.

what a tool. that’s not stuck. :laughing:
hard right hand lock, then a little bit of left, and it’s out.
blind [zb].

Maybe he normally drives a drawbar and not an artic.

My satnav tried to navigate across a field in Yorkshire once, I figured it was wrong when the hedge was across the turning.

They don’t sell common sense with satnavs unfortunately :wink:

I don’t know why people follow them. Just use them as a map. I did a job in Ilderton Road SE15 this morning. Sat nav said over tower bridge then a load of back doubles. So I did the western European thing and ignored it. Blackwall tunnel, A2 turn right, you have reached your destination :bulb:

And surprisingly he was Polish …!

Google maps on the smart phone craps all over sat navs imo. Spend 5 minutes before setting off planning your route, see a road that looks dodgy and have a look on Street View to make sure its ok. You can even check the location of most businesses by searching for it as well so you aren’t worrying about dodgy post codes. Also satellite view is useful for seeing where the back yard entrances / service yards at shopping centres are. Belting.

I’m usually pretty good at memorising a route after a quick look, just have the sat nav on standby for the final stretch if it looks tricky to find. Hasn’t failed me yet.

was that stuck? :confused:

To be honest I usually have a good idea where I am headed, but the sat nav is handy as it means I don’t have to be looking out for roadsigns as much, specially on back roads.