What no diaries

Because I only drive part time I enjoy the diaries written on TN but lately they seemed to have stopped - is this because of the cold and dark so picutures would be no good?

Or are people not having the time to do them like Coffeeholic and The Bear?

I was thinking the same thing the other day,one of my favourite things on trucknet is reading the excellent diaries…and the more pictures the better :laughing: :laughing: .

I suppose it takes a lot of time and effort to do them but i for one would like all that do them to know they really are appreciated :wink:

Scan

Possibly because:
Coffee seems to be languishing in England these days,:cry:
The Bear is poorly, or at least that’s what he told the boss, :unamused:
and RobK has been off to pastures new…and new…and… :question:

If you really are starved, I’ll do you one.

Walked the dogs
I went to the village and bought some food,
I went to the woodyard and bought some planks,
Cleared the garden after the dogs,
Chopped some logs,
Built some more decking,
Played some pétanque
Booked in for the next meal held by the Hunting Society. Ah! at last we come to the picture section. This is what we’ve got to look forward to:

Salivating already :unamused: :laughing:

Salut, David.

Sorry to dissapoint you but all thro December, although I was ‘doing’ Spain, I was basically running back and forwards between Bordeaux and Spain ( the Boss was bringing loaded trailers to Bordeaux and we swopped there) and then I left the day after Boxing Day and the same was happening till I got home on the 13th Jan. I didn’t think people would be interested in a diary when it basically covered all the same ground I have done in one of my previous diaries. Also I was rushed into hospital on the 14th for an emergency Op and have been off sick since.
I did take a few pictures of snow etc but then I discovered my subscription had run out on my photo-hosting site. I went to renew it but could not remember my password for Paypal. I did their ‘forgotten password’ link and answered the two questions. Neither of which I got right!!! Despite various communications with Paypal, I cannot rescue my account because a) they refuse to release any information on the account and b) I refuse to use another c/card to open another account!! I tried opening another Paypal account and cannot because it seems my c/card is linked to another account! I bloody know it is!!! To say this is a bind, is putting it mildly. I cannot use Paypal anymore till I rescue my password and thats impossible now as you only get one chance!!! The only way they will release information to me is if I send them copies of bills and bank statements etc. This I refuse to do.
So until I resolve a)my photo hosting problem and b) a more exotic route, no more diaries. Although, I was speaking to the Boss this morning and he tells me I have two trips coming in the very near future ( I hope to return to work next week) to Bilbao and Milan so there may be a diary then… especially the Milan one as I shall use Mont Blanc for that as its a ragsider trip.
Mont Blanc should yield spectacular pics at this time of year

Spardo:
The Bear is poorly, or at least that’s what he told the boss, :unamused:

OI !!! saucy git!!! I got the scars on me gut to prove it!!!

Spardo:

Salut, David.

All that for 18 Euros■■? greedy git

As most of my life at the moment consists of seeing exotic places such as Birmingham, Lutterworth and Hatfield in the dark a diary wouldn’t be much of a read. I’ll give it a go from Monday night this week if you like though. do try to stay awake until the end. :wink: :smiley:

Left home just before 21:00 and collected the unit before heading into Dunstable for the trailer. After booking in I reported to the office and collected the paperwork before going back into the yard and hooking onto trailer TRL33. A check round, including checking the seal number matched the paperwork, proved everything was OK and after a seal check by security at the exit I turned down the A505 toward the M1. Making sure I didn’t trip any of the speed cameras I joined the M1 at junction 11 and turned north just after 21:30.

An uneventful run saw me leaving the M1 for the M45 and before long I was on the ring road round the south side of Coventry, keeping a wary eye on the speed limits as there is a camera every few hundred metres it seems. Pushing on past the lights of Birmingham airport, I continued along the A45 until I reached the A4040 and headed for Acocks Green and Tyseley. At 23:15 I pulled up outside the delivery, in plenty of time for my midnight booking, and reported to security where I was instructed to pull onto the bay as soon as the vehicle occupying it pulled off. He was the 23:15 booking so it seems everything is on schedule.

At 23:45 I was on the bay and I fired up the coffee maker to ensure I had a hot beverage for the arduous return leg. :wink: :smiley: Just before 00:30 I heard the shout from the loading bay to say I was tipped. Collecting the paperwork I headed back to Dunstable, retracing the route I had taken earlier. By 02:15 I was back in Dunstable and after dropping off the empty trailer I was home just before 03:00.

Nothing exciting and pretty much what I do every night at the moment, only the destination or the fact I may do two runs changes. The only highlight of the journey was being able to listen to Tim Shaw’s Asylum on Kerrang Radio, the best show on the radio in my opinion, nothing like listening to the “Pop Round for a Pooh Game” to keep you entertained on the deserted A45 in the wee small hours. :wink: :smiley:

I would do one…but I couldn’t live with myself thinking of all those grown men reduced to tears.

Also there could be a mass jonahism event the like the world has never seen before :open_mouth:

whats happened to the eurowork then neil,ive just reread your diaries on the insider good stuff with some very nice scenic pics :slight_smile: .having dialup at the time when you first posted them i never saw half the pics .was gonna watch your films now ive got broadband but theyve dissapeared

Got a good run next week will do one

we,re doomed capt mainwaring DOOMED :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Carl:
whats happened to the eurowork then

Not much about at the moment.

Carl:
neil,ive just reread your diaries on the insider good stuff with some very nice scenic pics :slight_smile:

Glad you enjoyed them.

Carl:
was gonna watch your films now ive got broadband but theyve dissapeared

I deleted most of them because I wasn’t happy with them, the only one left is here.

Not sure if the streaming is working properly but you can always save it to your PC and play it from there.

cheers mate good stuff my 2 year old liked it and the mrs liked the song good wholesome family entainment :laughing: :laughing:

Bear
Sorry ot hear about your illness, nothing to trivial I hope :smiley:
If you want to use another host for your photos I use one called WEBSHOTS (just typr it into Google) Its free depending on how many photos you want to post. If you want to look at mine just type in Baldknight in the search box.

Coffeholic:
leaving the M1 for the M45 and before long I was on the ring road round the south side of Coventry, keeping a wary eye on the speed limits as there is a camera every few hundred metres it seems. Pushing on past the lights of Birmingham airport, I continued along the A45 until I reached the A4040 and headed for Acocks Green and Tyseley.

The scenic route. :smiley:

What, no diversion through Solihull to ‘clock’ the Posh Totty?

If you get bored with the A45, come off at the first Meriden turn, past the new housing estate which used to be the Triumph motor cycle works (R.I.P.), along to the roundabout at The Green, left towards Hampton-in-Arden, straight on at the A452, through Hampton to Catherine-De-Barnes, straight on at the roundabout, along Hampton Lane to the traffic lights and then turn right onto the A41 Solihull By-pass.

Just watch out for the bridge at Olton Hollow. I can’t remember the height. :blush: :blush:

hopefully will be able to restart my roving report from iraq depending on the internet conditions in the camp. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

in the meantime.

got up cup of tea took kids to school.returned home.picked kids up from school returned home.bed :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the diary Neil and hopefully some good ones to come from The Bear and other people.

Bear hope you are on the road to recovery, try www.photobucket.com to host your pics - I use this for mine and it is easy and free!!

im in the same boat as well at the moment
monday night go to yard pick up truck down to trafford park collect empty box on trailer back on bay when loaded drive from loading point to trafford park then back to loading point bck on bay when loaded repeat when loads done round to rail terminal then park up go to bed get up next night go for a shower then repeat as previous day repeat next night then as in today I’m off to poole tip poole reurn yard boring or what :slight_smile: but god its hard work sitting on abay for upto 2 hours at a time

Will try and write some (true) stories from the taxi rank through the week if anyone is interested. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Will try and write some (true) stories from the taxi rank through the week if anyone is interested

please do it will make a nice change :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

if they are like my mates who is a taxi driver they will make interesting reading :wink: :wink:

tdriver:
Will try and write some (true) stories from the taxi rank through the week if anyone is interested. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

:smiley: Oooh very. But if you have any stories involving the back seat and… vomit, well then you can keep them to yourself.