What Musical Instrument Do You Play?

Bugcos’ Retail Therapy in “Expensive Day” appears to have inspired loads of TrucknetUK drummers to come out of hiding: :sunglasses:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=43882

It made me wonder - what musical instrument do you play, if any?

I guess I should start. I can probably manage “Three Blind Mice” on the recorder and violin from when I was forced to play them a thousand years ago and a few folk guitar chords - sadly that’s about it! :blush:

I can sing, though. :smiley:

So what about everyone else?

Are we a musically-talented bunch, or tragically tone-deaf? :open_mouth:

i can play somewhere over a rainbow on electronic keyboard.

and yes befor someone says it i have been told thats where i should be when i do murder it. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Drums, thats it, I’m a one trick pony i’m afraid :smiley:

I can play the triangle

i beat things

i like beating this

i also studied at the academy of contemporary music in guildford , home to the acm gospol choir acm.ac.uk. been playing for about 8 years now :smiley:

LoadsOfHorses:
I can sing, though tragically tone-deaf :open_mouth:

Have I misinterpreted you :question:

Trombone, Trumpet, Tuba, in fact anything brass except french horn,
Piano. Harpsichord, Organ, Keyboards.
Guitar, Bass guitar, Double Bass, Mandolin, Harmonica/Mouth organ,
Recorder, did a lot of singing before my voice broke, but nothing as a soloist since!
Also experienced midi programmer and arranger and conductor. Occasional composer.

BUT - totally stuffed with a drum kit; always managed to miss out on it somehow.

But it was my job for 25 years :wink:

I only know two tunes - one is God Save the Queen and the other one isn’t :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bass guitar…badly :laughing:

Piano (not well enough though :frowning: )

I’m not to bad on the fiddle :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Any 3 valved Brass and Piano/Keyboard. Used to be in a Brass band when I was younger, bit like in Brassed Off :laughing:

Scotchbaz » Wrote:

LoadsOfHorses wrote:
I can sing, though tragically tone-deaf

Have I misinterpreted you

Yup, that’s me, tragically misunderstood! :laughing: Bad, bad, Scotchbaz! :smiley:

It sounds as though we have some proper musicians here - cool! :sunglasses:

Perhaps the next TrucknetUK “Doo” should be a jamming session?!

Used to play brass ; French horn and trumpet at school, then joined the Army and was 2nd cornet then tuba player in R.E.M.E. junior band.

Did piano up to grade 3 and a bit of organ at school, now have a Technics keyboard gathering dust which gets dragged out occasionally.

Sang in school choir, occasional backing vocals for friends bands and have done karaoke for years.

Can just about read a treble line, and fluffed O-level music. :blush:

Trombone
used to be in the army now in local brass band

I have tried the piano accordion then moved to electronic keyboard,those things are fantastic nowadays .give one a go if you get the chance.

alamcculloch:
I have tried the piano accordion then moved to electronic keyboard,those things are fantastic nowadays .give one a go if you get the chance.

Mate of mine plays accordion. He stopped for a pint after a gig, then remembered he’d left the accordion on show on the back seat. He rushed out to move it to the boot, but too late. Some barsteward had smashed the back window and thrown another two in :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: