What is it with ..

The M42 and this traffic management system . Its total tosh in my opinion . I haven’t seen it in use in the day as i,m normally in bed but overnight its unreal .
You get slowed down gradually to 40 mph and then the next gantry has the national speed limit sign !!!
Or the worst case scenario one gantry has 20 mph on it so people start slaming the brakes on :confused:
Nothing there , no roadworks nothing . No gang waiting to set up any roadworks . Is it on the blink or what as this is a regular occurence and i,m understanding that it uses sensors in the road to set the speed limit . Obviously overnight there is no traffic .

Whats with the M25 as well where they widened it , took months and months and finally it was open and a big sign proudly stateing the job was completed x amount of months early …
What the sign should have said is its open for now but because of all the bodge jobs to get the road finished early and collect the bonus for completing early it won’t be long before the cones are slapped out overnight to start repairs again .
Probably would have needed a bigger sign though !

:laughing:

You want to try the M42 at night when theres about 3 v ehicles on it and you need to slow down to 20 just because someone is changing a bulb in the overhead gantry its a joke.

I know what your saying . I,m a regular night man .
My favourite is when there is roadworks you are banged down to 40 about 4 miles away from the frigging works :confused:

when they first started working ithought they were o.k i.e all three lanes doing 40 into single lane roadworks meant no one could fly down the outside then force there way in, causing the eventual tail backs .did seem to flow alot better.now does seem to have gone pear shaped ,ie inside lane 40, 30 20 outside two lanes just arrows telling you to move across which everyone ignores until the last minute ,so back to ques again. the one that really throws me is when they change speed just as you go under them i.e did it log you at 40 or the 50 it changed to, end up doing 40 with everyone else 50 .but at the end of the day would much rather have these than the copper with his scamera hid round the corner.as a little note daughter went to grantham court with school other day, 1st four cases truck drivers trying to stop beeing banned,all 12pts speeding on leadnam bypass,barrowby thornes all pleaded guilty but none got banned just 60 pound fine, i know 60 pound isnt good but better than a ban .i think even the judges are realising what a joke its become