M42 Smart cameras

I know this has probably already been talked about before but I’ve had a search and can’t find it.

Smart motorway cameras! How do they work? Say you’ve gone past one that says 50 and you’re doing 50 and the next one is set to 40, is that turned on for 40 or is it the next one?

You’ve guessed it, was traveling down yesterday. The signs were going 40/50/40for a bit and I think i was doing 45 on my speedo when I went through one. I’m sure the one before said 50 and then the next one was 40.

I’m sure I read somewhere or was told that they don’t get you at the first one but not sure.

They’re set for whatever the sign says. There is usually a leeway of 1 minute after they change but then that is it.

Conor:
They’re set for whatever the sign says. There is usually a leeway of 1 minute after they change but then that is it.

Ah well, we will see what happens.

Not all the gantries have cameras even though they all have signs. I’m pretty sure they flash, so unless you saw one, don’t worry about it.

M6 heading south last weekend and the gantry had put us back to national speed limit, 2 gantry later and the penultimate grantry was set to 50. Surely that’s just to try and catch drivers out?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

IronEddie:
M6 heading south last weekend and the gantry had put us back to national speed limit, 2 gantry later and the penultimate grantry was set to 50. Surely that’s just to try and catch drivers out?

The gantries youve already passed could well have changed after you went by couldnt they? Traffic following you would have more notice of the 50 limit.

What were you doing to set those limits off? :open_mouth:

Think it’s northbound is it round 3/3a and years ago you’d come round bend on a night and often 20 mph flashing up , think it was inside lane only 40 mph in other , never got ticket and I was salary / night trunk so didn’t lift much in 2 nd lane , must be 10 yrs ago

Franglais:

IronEddie:

The gantries youve already passed could well have changed after you went by couldnt they? Traffic following you would have more notice of the 50 limit.

What were you doing to set those limits off? :open_mouth:

Always stick to the limit me. I’ve got 3 points, don’t need anymore.

Captain Caveman 76:
Not all the gantries have cameras even though they all have signs. I’m pretty sure they flash, so unless you saw one, don’t worry about it.

This gantry had cameras, I did look but couldn’t see with the box on the back, I’m sure they do it to catch you out, 40/50/60/40/50 it’s a joke and while driving a truck with loads of traffic about. I’m usually prett ■■■■ about speed limits, but sometimes you take your eye off for a second and you’re fully loaded going down hill it soon catches you out.

What is it with the m62 nice clear road then 40 limit pedestrians on the road then all clear then they appear again

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

mdourish:
What is it with the m62 nice clear road then 40 limit pedestrians on the road then all clear then they appear again

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

trying to catch you out ain’t they. You see all sorts, “animals on carriageway”, “oncoming vehicle”