What improvements would you like to make to your cab?

Any responses welcome,

As the title says,

What really annoys you about the interior of your truck?

How do you feel this problem or any other aspects be improved ?

Any responses welcome.

Cheers,

Jon.

Cross cab access. There is no need for any modern truck to have these great engine humps. or claustrophobic ergonomic wrap round dashboards. Especially when you get to a gate house or a peage which is at the wrong side.

Watch the queues at the Dartford crossing as the foreigners have to get out and fumble for some strange currency. although Dartford could help matters by opening a couple of LHD booths.

Decent cab lighting so you can actually read a book or a map without straining your eyes.

fresh water supply for kettles or washing.

wet weather gear storage lockers.

Kalashkinov rifle holder near driver so we can explain forcefully that a late booking slot could easily be changed to the time I arrive

more leg room to stretch out my left leg in my merc axor would do for a starter…

definatly a fresh water suply on tap fitted into the desgn of the cab, posssibly a proper kicthenette fitted into the bigger cabs as standard. cross cab access is a problem but i think now designers are slowly cominground to that problem, i like the new man layout with the flat dash part of the cab with the sliding draws on the, at least thats what they look like. i remember seeing an article in t and d a while ago that a design firm were working with a motorhome compnay to design a decent cab, motis?..i think it was called. had some daft ideas but also there was some quite nifty ideas, i would have a look at a motorhome personally and try to incorparate some of their layouts into a truck, failing that im writing to pimp my ride uk see if they will pimp my ssc…lol

A cup holder in my Premium

A manual box in my Topline as the Opti-Cruise is rubbish.

And maybe a page three top heavy lovely to fan me while i sit at fenny lock for half the day… :laughing: :laughing:

A teleport button instead of a bed.Zap meself home at 6pm no matter.Great truck :smiley:

def agree with the flat floors, its getting better across the board though.
fresh running water, a bonus.
satnav, specifically for trucks, that take into account low bridges, weight limits etc, as i wouldn’t trust a normal sat nav, prefer maps and what i know, or learn.

be nice, if cabs could be stretched abit further back these days too, something along the lines of the longline scanny should become more of a reality these days.

oh yeah, xbox 360, 42 inch lcd tv, running through surround sound wouldn’t go amiss, just for entertainment, when on nights out :smiley:

See now, I dislike totally flat floors because that way the crap is free to roam around as it pleases. I never wear outdoor shoes beyond either of my very shallow footwells, and the dirt therefore stays in them. It seems like a good comprmise to me.

few gallons of petrol and a box of matches will do the trick :laughing:

The engine hump in my scania p-series is massive, and a pain wen trying to cross the cab, though good to put stuff on at nite due to the lack ov storage! that said, its not designed to to hav 3 or 4 nites out on the bounce in i dnt think! Also storage for straps and loading gear is rubbish… well there isnt any, so an outside locker on these rigids would be very usefull!!

A different name on the outside… :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

cheers for they replies, very helpful indeed.

So would you agree, the general consensus is to have flat floors, with simplified access to both sides of the cab, plenty of storage,fresh water supply and a ps3 + 42inch flat screen telly as standard? :laughing:

pretty much, yeah.
our fleet is mainly daf, yes im pretty biased, as i’ve mainly driven daf for the last 8-10 years.
mine is a 55 plate xf, super space, with the as tronic box, great truck, imho, and great living space, major bug bears with it, are the engine hump, (too high) and the ridiculous blind spots on the mirrors, when coming onto a roundabout. the firm now has 1, xf105, with the lower engine hump, not a total flat floor, but not far off, for me personally, it is much,much better this way, especially on european work, when at a peage.

look, i may be prepared too go down too a 37 inch lcd :sunglasses:

Agency night drivers !! i dont want them in my cab!!

Concept36:
cheers for they replies, very helpful indeed.

So would you agree, the general consensus is to have flat floors, with simplified access to both sides of the cab, plenty of storage,fresh water supply and a ps3 + 42inch flat screen telly as standard? :laughing:

and a leather swiveling chair within reach of the wine cooler :stuck_out_tongue:

OK Magnums already have one

Hi Concept,

For some time now all I’ve been wanting from a truck is one little switch on the dashboard. When you press this switch a red warning light comes on to let you know that it has been depressed, and then before you drive off you remember to swith it off.

What is this switch?

It`s a Brake Light Test switch. So that one person can test that their brake lights are working without having to fanny about like we do now! :imp:

It’s the 21st century for crying out loud!

Rant over :smiley:

Limestone Cowboy:
Hi Concept,

For some time now all I’ve been wanting from a truck is one little switch on the dashboard. When you press this switch a red warning light comes on to let you know that it has been depressed, and then before you drive off you remember to swith it off.

What is this switch?

It`s a Brake Light Test switch. So that one person can test that their brake lights are working without having to fanny about like we do now! :imp:

Good idea. Early trucks I drove already had this, it was called a deadman :stuck_out_tongue: You couldnt drive off without releasing it so you didnt need the warning light.

Seriously though one of our drivers won a free cup of coffee or something for suggesting a simple idea in the depots :wink: .

Before you get to the gate you drive past a large mirror on the wall or on a post where you can dab your brakes and check the stop lights are working

Mines an Iveco Eurocargo,

So firstly I want rid of the rattles, and the 1970’s football terrace they call a seat., then maybe suspension a little softer than concrete.

Now can I add a cup holder and a turning circle somewhat less than an Ocean liner.
Once that’s done I will give you part 2 of my list :laughing:

Limestone Cowboy:
Hi Concept,

What is this switch?

get a scania high/topline then, on the remote they have a lights button press it twice and and all the lights come on one at a time.