Cab living?

What do people rate in their cab?

Flat floor with no engine tunnel? That’s something I think I would like, although I hear it makes it harder to keep the floor clean across the rest of the cab.

Head room? I’m 6ft 1 and I would like head room.

Wide bunk? Does anyone drive the Volvo Xxl?

Double bunks or single with overhead storage?

Just a few questions I would like to hear people’s opinions on and hear what other things people have or want in their cabs.

I like the pull (up and) out table, using it now.

I also put one of those fold down hot water sinks they have in AA vans on the back of the cab and couldn’t do without it now.

Where did you get the sink if you don’t mind me asking.

Own Account Driver:
I like the pull (up and) out table, using it now.

I also put one of those fold down hot water sinks they have in AA vans on the back of the cab and couldn’t do without it now.

That’s something I thought about fitting to our trucks, we use hand wipes… It’s not the same.

Flat floor and one of those swivel round passenger seats

Deeireland:

It’s this one: tealwash.com/shop/tealwash-motor-vehicles/

But I got a new unfitted one for £50 in an ebay auction. I probably would maybe fork out the full price if this one broke.

Eberspacher do one as well but went for the Teal one as knew it could be fitted outside the vehicle.

Was going to mount on the actual cab back but went perfectly on the back of the catwalk pull out air deflector in the end. I’Ii post a pic if I can remember.

bjd:

Do you have these? What truck is it? Or would you love these?

Own Account Driver:

Deeireland:

But I got a new unfitted one for £50 in an ebay auction. I probably would maybe fork out the full price if this one broke.

Eberspacher do one as well but went for the Teal one as knew it could be fitted outside the vehicle.

Was going to mount on the actual cab back but went perfectly on the back of the catwalk pull out air deflector in the end. I’Ii post a pic if I can remember.

Don’t forget the pictures! I would like to see how you fitted it.

bjd:

you can buy the base from TEK or somewhere like to fit under the oe seat to make it swivel

ibson:

Own Account Driver:

Deeireland:

Don’t forget the pictures! I would like to see how you fitted it.

Got a feeling the 1st tip tmrw will be a long one :unamused: and will take some pics then.

I don’t miss the smell of handwipes.

ibson:
What do people rate in their cab?

Flat floor with no engine tunnel? That’s something I think I would like, although I hear it makes it harder to keep the floor clean across the rest of the cab.

Head room? I’m 6ft 1 and I would like head room.

Wide bunk? Does anyone drive the Volvo Xxl?

Double bunks or single with overhead storage?

Just a few questions I would like to hear people’s opinions on and hear what other things people have or want in their cabs.

I wouldnt say flat floors are difficult to keep clean, you should have mats down really, i just brush them, then blast any dust off with the air duster.

Double bunks are a must personally, so is a built in fridge.

And don’t forget the frilly curtains.

Since I’ve been spoiled with a proper sleeper, I couldn’t do without a full size wardrobe to hang my clothes. having a standard household size single bed is nice too, no smashing my face on the back of the seats anymore. A fitted fridge, like those ones they have as minibars in hotels is nice too, as is having a shelf for a microwave and enough storage bins to put everything away tidy :sunglasses:

newmercman:
Since I’ve been spoiled with a proper sleeper, I couldn’t do without a full size wardrobe to hang my clothes. having a standard household size single bed is nice too, no smashing my face on the back of the seats anymore. A fitted fridge, like those ones they have as minibars in hotels is nice too, as is having a shelf for a microwave and enough storage bins to put everything away tidy :sunglasses:[/quote

You don’t drive a premium then

newmercman:
Since I’ve been spoiled with a proper sleeper, I couldn’t do without a full size wardrobe to hang my clothes. having a standard household size single bed is nice too, no smashing my face on the back of the seats anymore. A fitted fridge, like those ones they have as minibars in hotels is nice too, as is having a shelf for a microwave and enough storage bins to put everything away tidy :sunglasses:

What truck do you drive?

This, it’s a little bit bigger than a Premium :laughing:

After doing Rock’n’Roll trucking for a year or 3, usually away around 2.5 months a time, although 6 months 2 weeks was my record, this did me well…

loads and loads of storage space, you dont actually need a flat floor if the rest of the cab is big. one of, if not the best bunk on the market, very very comfy and very wide. Built in fridge, 20" telly fixed on inside of cab above passenger door, PS3 in one of the lockers. Havent had a 105 so dont know if theyre better or worse.

Nwm take some pics of your interior next time you do a diary :stuck_out_tongue: … Oh he forgot to mention it goes over 56 aswell lol

Smoggie89:
Nwm take some pics of your interior next time you do a diary :stuck_out_tongue: … Oh he forgot to mention it goes over 56 aswell lol

With a good tail wind it will do double that :laughing:

Been driving a Merc Actros 2544 this week, with the auto box on the arm rest, nice big cab with flat walkthrough floor, twin large bunks, table, loads of lockers and a really comfy drive.

Only downside, as the company no longer allocates trucks to a specific driver so there all pig filthy, empty maccy dee stuff, coke cans, ash tray full of ■■■ buts and stinks.

Cant believe how somepeople treat these trucks, I asked if i could wash it last night after i clocked out as i would be using it today and was told no !!

Apart from that really nice truck in my opinion but i havnt driven many others.

Madguy :smiling_imp: