What improvements would you like to make to your cab?

saying thats theres plenty of people here who do nights out im surprised no one has mentioned toilet :open_mouth:
if there was one built in to the passenger seat (underneath it) then provided i was the only one driving the truck then i would,nt mind emptying it or cleaning it.

now lets see if the s**t hits the fan :question: :wink:

dave:
saying thats theres plenty of people here who do nights out im surprised no one has mentioned toilet :open_mouth:
if there was one built in to the passenger seat (underneath it) then provided i was the only one driving the truck then i would,nt mind emptying it or cleaning it.

now lets see if the s**t hits the fan :question: :wink:

Now come on, part of the fun of this job is scrabbling about under the trailer for a spreadaxle tip. And without bottles of warm yellow liquid what ammunition would you have to throw at poxy reps who had cut you up at the last minute :stuck_out_tongue:

Storage, storage, storage!!! I drive a Scania 164 topline for a Spanish firm out of Malaga on euro work - and can be away for in extreme cases 21 days.

Whoever designed those stupid drop down lockers and wasted so much space in the Scania cab should be shot at dawn. For a so called premium truck manufacturer Scania have got the cab internals desperately wrong.

My ideal truck: Scania engine & transmission with the Daf XF 105 cab bolted on top - brilliant bed, superb fridge and more storage than Pickfords!

Hombre:
Storage, storage, storage!!! I drive a Scania 164 topline for a Spanish firm out of Malaga on euro work - and can be away for in extreme cases 21 days.

Whoever designed those stupid drop down lockers and wasted so much space in the Scania cab should be shot at dawn. For a so called premium truck manufacturer Scania have got the cab internals desperately wrong.

My ideal truck: Scania engine & transmission with the Daf XF 105 cab bolted on top - brilliant bed, superb fridge and more storage than Pickfords!

Good post.

For a real pick and mix it would probably be a XF105 or Man TGA XXXXXXXXXL with a V8 Scania lump, Volvo I shift or Twin Splitter if you wanted manual.

Fitted with all the electrical gizmos and an electric hook up point, although all trucks should have these anyway.

The only Truckstop I have ever found in the UK is the one at Chirk who supply electric points for fridges and tankers. Im not sure how many work because people keep backing over them :open_mouth:

a decent cup holder in my 95 xf ssc, better cross cab access, top bunk removed and extra cupboards in it’s place. and lets ditch the stoopid gearbox and install an i shift. oh and remote controls for the night heater like the scania i saw the other day WITH A TIMER. and what the hell is that button on the foot rest for?? just knocks you down a gear and makes a little bit of noise, won’t even hold back a empty trailer!
rant over.
good thread by the way

mataos32:
and what the hell is that button on the foot rest for?? just knocks you down a gear and makes a little bit of noise, won’t even hold back a empty trailer!

Try it with the engine brake on a 105,then you see what it does :smiley:

What annoys me about the interior of my truck ■■

Hows about the engine ■■ Doesn’t seem to like water, even if you put 16 litres a day in. I think I’ve got the worlds’ first rabbid 95XF.

I’ll just wait for a Volvo to come along… eventually.

The “light test” button on the dash/key fob should be standard on ALL trucks
altho not a fan of “MAN” trucks i love the comfort shift button on there manual gear changes make life so much easier, more space for my left leg to relax,(massive over sight when reveresed from LEFT hand drive to RIGHT)
Better cross deck access ,

On a personal note , am i the only one who hates DAF windows? thats stupid quarter window with the rubber runner for the main window is right where i like my mirrors!!! for such a clued up manufactor i thik these 1960s windows need replaced with one piece windows , maybe its just me :confused:

Fallmonk:
On a personal note , am i the only one who hates DAF windows? thats stupid quarter window with the rubber runner for the main window is right where i like my mirrors!!! for such a clued up manufactor i thik these 1960s windows need replaced with one piece windows , maybe its just me :confused:

nah not just you fallmonk. i lose about 1/2 an inch of my n/s mirror because of them

Lights, spotlights and more lights please. The full instant tan retina burning UK motorway necessity. The standard headlights on my lorry are just not enough on a well lit UK road in the evening :unamused:

Oooh and lots of shiney things to polish :smiley:

Oh Oh and as standard a winscreen that looks like

I ram raided Halfords

Now I know I forgot something…

oh yeah Blue lights :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I want somewhere to sit and the basic controls, steering wheel etc. :sunglasses:

You can fill the rest of the cab with the hump for the 1000BHP engine I asked you for! :smiley: :sunglasses:

I would like to see a balcony fitted on the driver’s side of all trucks, so that you
could select cruise control, then go outside,and lean over to admire the crumpet passing you. Lovely!

id like the 660 h.p motor in my volvo as at times the 480 feels very underpowered.

Get DAF to put a 12v Hella socket in there motors !!