what a night!

i went with a driver last nite to learn the ropes on my new job,night trunking to pallet track. Got there ok and unloaded and loaded then he told me i was driving back!! Bearing in mind i havent driven since passing my class one! Got off to a nervous start but once on the M6 i was ok. Joined the a63 and promptly ran out of diesel!! I have never felt so stupid in my entire life!

Its hardly your fault if you went with the regular driver. Surly he should have done his checks before leaving the yard. Anyway i would’nt worry about it too much we all have to learn and there’s no better way than a ■■■■ up you never forget it. Better luck next time put it down to experience.

he propmtly blamed me!! To be fair the TM seemed ok with it and blamed the bloke who used it during the day!

Potter:
i went with a driver last nite to learn the ropes on my new job,night trunking to pallet track. Got there ok and unloaded and loaded then he told me i was driving back!! Bearing in mind i havent driven since passing my class one! Got off to a nervous start but once on the M6 i was ok. Joined the a63 and promptly ran out of diesel!! I have never felt so stupid in my entire life!

It could have been worse, a mate ran out of derv on the m25 and phoned the motorway police to let them know he had called for assistance. the conversation goes as follows

ring ring “hello motorway police how can i help you” (or sommat like that
(driver) hi im driving a tanker and have run out of derv,i have phoned my company and they are coming out to me. im on the hard should as (location)
(police)you say your company is on the way to you
(driver) yes they should be here is 20 minutes :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
(police) what type of vehicle is it
(driver) a petrol tanker
(POLICE) are you loaded
(driver) yes i have 30,00 litres of derv on
(police) SILENCE
(driver hello you still there
(police) er yes sorry i thought you said you had run out of derv but have got 30,000 ltrs of derv in your tank.
(driver) yes but i cant take it from my tank to my unit tank.
(police) ok someone will be with you shortly,please be advised that it is safer to stand the other side of the barrier.
one moment please
Hello this is a call centre supervisor can i just ask if the operator you just spoke with dealt with your query to your satisfaction ,
(driver) yes no problem thanks
(police) thank you ,that person is a trainee and after the conversation with you regarding runing out of derv but having 30,000 ltrs in your tank has gone for a short lie down(chuckles) im sure they will be ok soon. goodbye :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

its not your fault potter. who would he have blamed if you wasnt there on your first night. :question: :question: :question:

glad you enjoyed your first run .bet you always check your fuel now though :smiley:
how far on the 63 was you / what time

Cant see how it can b your fault at all :question:

A man who can smile when everything is going wrong has found someone else to blame! it could have been worse you could’ve been solo!!!