wellworthy's

hey guys. does anyone from the south coast remember wellworthy’s blue roadtrains? 2 based in weymouth and 1 in ringwood,■■
all on c plates (85ish),i worked for the lex tillotson dealer at the time they were new,later became the daf dealer in poole…all 3 had 290 big cams and 9 speed fullers…plus high datum cabs…any info would be awesome… thanks in advance…

sure do,i do have photos but will take me a couple of weeks to post them on here as I am abroad at the moment. I knew one of the drivers at Wellworthy’s,drove a Leyland Terrier,then one of the two Buffalos (I think they were Buffalos,will check when i get home!).They replaced the Buffalos with 2 Roadtrains.

Wellworthys used to have two factories in Lymington (Hants), now long gone, and back in 1967/8 they used to run two four wheeler Albion Reivers delivering piston rings to the then British car plants in the midlands, can’t remember the names of the regular drivers but they used to have a couple of nights out at Jacks Hill cafe at Towcester and as a regular there myself a few of us would often take a stroll down to the town for a pint or three if the weather was OK. At that time I was working for a company only four miles from Lymington so there was a ‘local lads’ connection.