Well thats the training on hold

Ok so some may remember I was asking questions about the cpc and stuff, well not last friday but friday before we all get called in to be told we’re out of a job ( we’re contractors) so thats hgv training out the window then. I’ve since been trying to work but can’t the same thing happened last year I was out of work for 6 months! So basically im wondering does anyone know of any where I can get like a training grant or something in Milton Keynes area. Or even better a job, I done multidrop for all the main firms on the vans, I done forklift and warehouse work, I’ve even worked as a semi skilled mechanical fitter on trains.

I NEED A JOB!

Afraid I can’t help you mate, but I know how you feel! I was doing contracting before I did my training. I’ve had 2 tests cancelled due to the weather, failed one and got another tomorrow. Has cost me an absolute bomb! If I fail this one I certainly can’t afford to dish out more money to retake.,

chris_89:
Afraid I can’t help you mate, but I know how you feel! I was doing contracting before I did my training. I’ve had 2 tests cancelled due to the weather, failed one and got another tomorrow. Has cost me an absolute bomb! If I fail this one I certainly can’t afford to dish out more money to retake.,

Well good luck for tomorrow mate, I’ll keep my fingers crossed! :smiley:

Cheers mate, I’ve got everything crossed! If I don’t I’m going to have to go back to digging holes until I’ve saved up some more! :neutral_face:

if your out of work ask the job centre a man who trained before me had been out of work 3 weeks and got his paid for good luck

im not out of work instructor told me worth a try

danj:
if your out of work ask the job centre a man who trained before me had been out of work 3 weeks and got his paid for good luck

Cheers Danj, I certainly ask them like you say worth a try. :smiley:

Jobcentres around the UK do not all have the same criteria for training grants.

The Leicester ones require a written full time permanent job offer from an employer before they will even consider offering any training grants !! - and they check out the employer is being honest.

good luck hope they help you out and you get a job soon mate :smiley:

There are already enough unemployed Truck Drivers around,it would be a waste of tax payers money to train up yet another one with no hope of a job at the moment.

I would just like to say thanks for all the advice people it really is much appreciated :smiley:

i was only passing on something i heard and am sorry for all the negativity its caused but for me anyone who is trying to add extra strings to their bow instead of sitting on their arse collecting money should be given as much encouragement as possible :smiley:.

Deathstar:
There are already enough unemployed Truck Drivers around,it would be a waste of tax payers money to train up yet another one with no hope of a job at the moment.

little insight into the last 8 months of my life …

When you have lost everything due to the collapse of a business in my case or from being made redundant in the case of others , You lose all self esteem and confidence,The day that the accountant comes into the office ands says well i think you should call it a day was the first kick in the guts for me,having to go from employing 5 people to sighning on with them is the second kick,The day the baliff arrives to collect the keys to your house and you are heading to a council flat complete with the kids is when you think it cant get any worse untill the you receive a legal letter to say your going to made bankrupt,thats when life isnt worth living and all that kept me here was my kids for a few months untill i restart my life after getting a chance to do a lgv course a glimer of hope and get another angle to look for work,which actually has worked because i have a job in principle with a glass distributer whitch requires me to pass my class 2 and has linked my trade as a glazier and the qualification from the course, there is your prime example of why it isnt a waste of tax payers money.

dodester:

Deathstar:

little insight into the last 8 months of my life …

When you have lost everything due to the collapse of a business in my case or from being made redundant in the case of others , You lose all self esteem and confidence,The day that the accountant comes into the office ands says well i think you should call it a day was the first kick in the guts for me,having to go from employing 5 people to sighning on with them is the second kick,The day the baliff arrives to collect the keys to your house and you are heading to a council flat complete with the kids is when you think it cant get any worse untill the you receive a legal letter to say your going to made bankrupt,thats when life isnt worth living and all that kept me here was my kids for a few months untill i restart my life after getting a chance to do a lgv course a glimer of hope and get another angle to look for work,which actually has worked because i have a job in principle with a glass distributer whitch requires me to pass my class 2 and has linked my trade as a glazier and the qualification from the course, there is your prime example of why it isnt a waste of tax payers money.

well said another thing is I know of a couple of people who have a class 1 license paid for by the job centre that had no intention of working even when they passed it was “just something to do” whereas there are plenty of hard working folks that just need a bit of help and dont stand a chance

this country is just ■■■■■

If there is a shortage of drivers in your area and you are guaranteed a job,fair enough,but anywhere there is a surplus of qualified drivers it remains a waste of money.I am unemployed myself and would grab the chance of free C+E training with both hands but I am also a Tax payer.It just does not make economic sense.Training and qualifications should only be funded where there is a genuine shortage of recruits.

I agree that obviously funding should be dealt to people that deserve it and in some cases they do. I have worked since I was 15 the only problem I’ve had is due to this poxy recession. You can ask anyone I’ve ever worked for im a good worker and muck in to the job im definately not workshy like alot of layabouts.

i know im only 34 but have never been without a job some people are just too fussy and dont want to work why do some of the comments from people above show a massive difference in attitude. and by the way i have kids a house and all the usual bills but would do whatever it takes to make sure my kids and wife have everything. and yes i have been places where you dont want to go in life.life is not a bunch of roses get over it and move forward.