Well Boss....

…Something from Flickr… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Carefully ‘balancing’ a 40t platform truck on two legs :blush: :blush: :blush:

It wasn’t me, I have no connection with the incident, nor any connection any more with the company…

Original Flickr Picture: Volvo 4 axle Rigid, 44m Bronto Balancing Act | Whilst boom w… | Flickr

I like the bloke on the right calmly on the phone.

:open_mouth: :laughing:

8wheels:
I like the bloke on the right calmly on the phone.

I would suspect he is the customer. See the one walking away with the harness on in blue? THAT is the operator. BLUE uniform.

This was finally pinned down to “Operator Error” but the faulty item was not something the driver/operator could have found out on his own.

The 44 meter Bronto Platform was tele’d out over residential gardens. I think that machine is £1-2k a day to hire :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

So you can see how highly prized people they were.

As for pay scale, I’m getting slightly (pennies) less than those guys as an agency 7.5t driver… :unamused:

Paul Hoggard:
:shock: :laughing:

Working at height was one of the most interesting, eye-opening, exciting and longest held job I’ve ever had. At the same time, it was boring, working in all weather (wind speed limit at 28mph) and stressful with certain ‘customers’. In the last year has taken me to the brink of depression.

So it was a good thing I finally dug my own grave with them and climbed in. I like being in agency driver. Assuming I can get palleted 7.5t work.

I’ve got an awful lot of pictures of the machines, and that’s not even one of mine! When it happened it went out in the Sun Newspaper too. I was ‘reminded’ of it by drivers of other firms too.

What about that Hiab in Ireland that fell in the harbour recovering a vehicle?

Yeah,seen it.Didn’t several other cranes follow it?

Saratoga:
…Something from Flickr… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Carefully ‘balancing’ a 40t platform truck on two legs :blush: :blush: :blush:

It wasn’t me, I have no connection with the incident, nor any connection any more with the company…

Original Flickr Picture: Volvo 4 axle Rigid, 44m Bronto Balancing Act | Whilst boom w… | Flickr

Saves buying an inspection pit I guess!

Does anyone know how they got it down?

bestbooties:
Yeah,seen it.Didn’t several other cranes follow it?

i remember that pic they sent a puddle jumper to lift a car out of the harbour the weight of the car and water dragged it over into said harbour

they then called on a bloddy big hiab to lift the truck then what wa left of the car out

reckon they filled the tyres with helium instead of nitrogen :question:

ISTR that was a 2 crane recovery job. One would have to be able to lift 45t at a few meters away and another to lift the boom. One taken with extreme care.

Alternatively a bronto qualified engineer to adjust the legs or boom setup over riding the safeties.

There are always safeties that can be bypassed…

Saratoga:
Working at height was one of the most interesting, eye-opening, exciting… jobs

In the last year has taken me to the brink of depression.

:open_mouth: :confused: Make your mind up! :laughing:

Paul Hoggard:

Saratoga:
Working at height was one of the most interesting, eye-opening, exciting… jobs

In the last year has taken me to the brink of depression.

:open_mouth: :confused: Make your mind up! :laughing:

My job varied day to day, whether it was working in a 14m cleaning gutters of an office building, an 18 m working on signs and up to the 26 meter platform working on cell phone towers. Varied, and initially for the most part I enjoyed the job. At the end of the day it kept me in a job that was realtively easy to do for about the standard I am on now. But as always it comes down to conflicts of interest and politics…

I can see what you’re getting at, but the first paragraph is regarding my 5 year stint in the company, and the second paragraph you’ve quoted covers the last year alone. The pay is pretty much the same really as what an agency driver gets.

But thanks for the post evaluation :wink: