Well Boss....

Thought this might’ve been on here by now… I’m no expert but if I’d have seen it before it went over, id have had a punt on it going over or at least breaking in half…looked pretty doomed from the start to me…plenty of pictures about it for your perusal!

tinyurl.com/ycapf5cg

Noticed a Stobart lorry that will be the probable cause.

Looks like someone overreached their lift radius.

scotty.jpg

Whoops

Hey dozy, that WS truck was that your agency tramp gig this week? That’s the sort of incidents that happen to you right :smiley:

Bells ringing, lights flashing, when on the ground, or sat in a low level cab is bad. . . . Was the operator actually up in that high level cab?? I hope he wasn`t.

But, if all crane operators had to stand under the load at all times, and be attached to the boom with a heavy duty cable; if all truck drivers were seated on the front bumper of their trucks; if all bikers had to ride in shorts with no helmets and gloves; if all parents had their offspring tied to the outside of their cars; we`d have fewer accidents in this world.

Make the world safer: do away with safety equipment.

Great analysis by the news reporter :-

“This picture shows all wheels of the crane off the floor”

Err that’s how it should be. The big issue is the 2 jacks that are 3m in the air :unamused:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is that elasticated bottoms to his trousers?
Wonder what will flow out when they`re released ?!

Looks like this firm “NMT” has previous form in 2013. :open_mouth:

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ca … e-23436891

i like this one.

I’m no expert on cranes,but, there seems to no counter weights on that crane at all.

discoman:
Hey dozy, that WS truck was that your agency tramp gig this week? That’s the sort of incidents that happen to you right :smiley:

Look out in them buildings :laughing:

The boom looks to long to start with bugger that for a job lol

Through the bush telegraph
it appears the LMI was incorrectly set, from the aerial shot you can see the slung load resting on a roof with the
trolly still not at full outreach

It happens a lot out here :unamused: :unamused:

The driver should get done for being out of the cab with no hi-vis on :smiley:

bald bloke:

No hi-viz, no hard hat, and those look suspiciously like trainers to me… :grimacing:

Oh, and he dropped the load in the wrong place.

the nodding donkey:

bald bloke:

No hi-viz, no hard hat, and those look suspiciously like trainers to me… :grimacing:

Oh, and he dropped the load in the wrong place.

Yeah…all over the cab floor!! :blush: :smiley:

Well if you’re gonna ■■■■ up, go big or go home.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

scoobyears:
Through the bush telegraph
it appears the LMI was incorrectly set, from the aerial shot you can see the slung load resting on a roof with the
trolly still not at full outreach

It happens a lot out here :unamused: :unamused:

For those of us not crane operators, what is a LMI and how do you set it up wrong?